What's new

Technicolor monopack in 1945 (1 Viewer)

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I'd like to learn a little more about the introduction of single-strip Technicolor in the 1940s. We all know that 3-strip (and sequential exposure) were used by the motion picture industry well into the 1950s until it was replaced by Eastman color. What I have recently discovered is that (according to the Internet Movie Data Base) Son of Lassie (1945) was the first film shot in Technicolor's monopack process. What I'd like to know, is how many other "Technicolor" movies between 1945 and 1953 were monopack and not 3-strip?

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Originally Posted by Mark-P

I'd like to learn a little more about the introduction of single-strip Technicolor in the 1940s. We all know that 3-strip (and sequential exposure) were used by the motion picture industry well into the 1950s until it was replaced by Eastman color. What I have recently discovered is that (according to the Internet Movie Data Base) Son of Lassie (1945) was the first film shot in Technicolor's monopack process. What I'd like to know, is how many other "Technicolor" movies between 1945 and 1953 were monopack and not 3-strip?

It was Kodachrome.

RAH

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Interesting. So Eastman Kodak broke into the movie business as early as 1945 (previously only used in 16mm, 8mm and still photography) but Technicolor still got full screen credit.
Robert Harris said:
It was Kodachrome. RAH

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks