What's new

Tech Phase, B&W, what else is out there. (1 Viewer)

Matt--LM

Auditioning
I've narrowed my field of listening. As of now I'm looking at the B&W 805's (I believe thats the right number, if not, I mean the Notalus Bookshelfs), and the Tech Phase PC9.1s. Floor standing versus bookshelf, I know. Well, I'm gonna try them again. However, are there better speakers out there than the B&W? what brands? I just feel that while I feel I'm getting more for the money the Phase Tech route (both are $1000/each) that I won't be satisifed after I buy them knowing there was probably better out there. I know its up to my ears, but there are just some things that everyone can say are better, and thats what I want to know. What else is out there besides B&W (being the current hi-end that the store carries). [they carry M&K as well]. Thanks.

Mike Fassler

Supporting Actor
paradigm is another highly regarded high end brand,that you should take a look at. I dunno about better than B&W but they are up there in that class of speakers.

Mike_Skeway

Second Unit
Lots and lots of great speakers out there. If the are better for you depends on your taste.

Check out some Dynaudio's with the others mentioned.

If you like the B&W's go with them, they shouldn't disappoint you in quality. :)

JamesCB

Second Unit
Give those Phase Tech's a good listen. Bring lots of CDs and DVDs. I have the 9.1's and the detail and natural sound doesn't compare to anything else in their price range. You get alot more than you pay for IMO. They are not bright or fatiguing, which is what you want for lengthy movie watching. Plus, you will not need a subwoofer right away (I may never get one, unless I move into a larger room). So, my vote is for Phase Technology, great value for the money. After all, they did invent the dome tweeter.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks