Tech caught abusing customer's Ford Cobra

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jared_B, Sep 26, 2002.

1. Jared_B

Jared_B Supporting Actor

See link:
    Here, am SVT tech is bragging about how he took a customer's new Cobra on a joy ride up to 140mph.
    Abuse
    In this thread, the owner of the car admits she knows about the whole thing:
    Caught
    The servers are a bit slow, as over 100,000 people have viewed these threads over the last day. The tech was fired, but no other compensation has been offered to the owner yet.
    I can only imagine how infuriated the owner must be.

2. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

Hilarious!

3. Gui A

Gui A Supporting Actor

The Abuse thread is taking forever to load, but here's what the tech wrote:

4. John Gates

John Gates Second Unit

This is absolutely dumbfounding! Funny, but shocking. I hope the lady owner of the abused car gets a brand new Cobra for her trouble. This kind of thing can and does (and *should*) KILL a dealer. Sick 'em!

John G

5. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

i wouldn't expect ford to offer anything, customer service isn't exactly job #1 over at ford motor co.

[ot]
    an aquaintence of mine had a cougar go through like 3 engines in a year on his lease, he physically had the car for like 2 months of the year, the rest he had a loaner, 2 or 3 of which also broke down. He nearly had to sue ford to get out of the lease and get his money returned (which by law he was entitled to, it's not like he was making frivilous claims, he really did deserve it..) [/ot]

6. Eric Kahn

Eric Kahn Guest

saw this thread linked at NewBeetle.org
    makes me glad that I drive a diesel VW that no one at the dealer will want to joyride with all the other hot VW's out there
    I hope the lady gets some sort of compensation along with the guy getting fired, this is one case where a blacklist would be legitimate

7. MickeS

MickeS Producer

Well, it should teach all of us a lesson: be aware of what you say about something or someone in "cyberspace", these days everyone is using the Internet... [​IMG]
    I'm glad he was caught, and I hope she's compensated somehow. How about free maintenance for a year, or something like that?

8. Charles J P

Charles J P Cinematographer

CJ Paul
    Yeah, it ended up here, and apparently it is on about every car forumn from Audi, to VW.

9. Chris Derby

Chris Derby Second Unit

unless he did damage to the car, i don't think i would call it abuse. maybe abuse of the trust the woman had that the dealer wouldn't let anybody drive it "like that".

its a sports car. its supposed to be driven "hard".

thats said, if it was my car (or motorcycle), i'd be pissed as hell.

this is the primary reason that i don't let motorcycle dealers uncrate and assemble my bikes. i bought it, i build it, and i'm the only one that gets to ride it from mile 1 until i'm done breaking it in.

10. Tim Kilbride

Tim Kilbride Stunt Coordinator

This might be hard to believe...but I for one know it's true. I own a 98 Ford Cobra, and put it in the shop (an SVT cerified Ford dealership) for a front end alignment...couple of hours went by, I was at the bank, and low and behold my car pulls up in the drive up lane next to me. Needless to say, I have the dealership by the balls on this one. I am accepting NO less than six figures on my lawsiut. Will be settled by year's end.
    I also have a friend who owns a late model Firebird w/RamAir setup (gorgeous car) and the service techs took it for a joyride...and wrecked it!! Her settlement makes mine look like peanuts.
    This happens a lot more than you guys may know...think twice before you leave your beloved vehicles at the dealerships...
    TimK
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. Todd Hochard

Todd Hochard Cinematographer

12. Tim Markley

Tim Markley Screenwriter

13. Dave E H

Dave E H Supporting Actor

14. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

15. Chris Derby

Chris Derby Second Unit

Philip_G,
    I only buy bikes from dealers that i know (well). thats why i get to uncrate (and assemble if required) my own bike. they still do the prep sheet and i've never had a problem with warranty.
    then again, i haven't bought an aprilia... yet... [​IMG]

16. Jeff Savage

Jeff Savage Second Unit

This is why if I ever need to take my billy bad ass Mustang to a dealer a 1500 RPM chip goes into the rev limiter slot [​IMG] Just enough to let them idle it in and out of the shop.

17. John Stone

John Stone Supporting Actor

The last time I took my machine in for some work, a couple of the techs were definitely checking it out and quietly discussing something while looking at it. It sucks to think they might have been out running the 1/4 in my ride while it was in their "care". [​IMG] Does anyone know of a trustworthy service center in the Orlando area that can take care of my Grand Caravan?
    [​IMG]

18. Charles J P

Charles J P Cinematographer

CJ Paul
    What's wrong with the world? Do we have to resort to hidden cameras in cars? This could happen to any car, just because you dont drive a "sports car"... [​IMG]

19. Paul_Fisher

Paul_Fisher Screenwriter

20. TerryS

TerryS Agent