Teaser Threads: PLEASE READ...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jay Mitchosky, Aug 3, 2001.

1. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

Things come in cycles. This time around it's the proliferation of "teaser" threads. Ones that begin something like "Do you know..." or "What do you think of...". Simply put these titles litter the board. For those posting it also limits the hits you'll receive as many members simply skip them; time is limited and threads are numerous so people will go to topics that are clearly laid out.
    In other words, it's in your interest to post an unambiguous, complete thread title. If you post a teaser title and find it is no longer there it is because an Admin has deleted it. There won't be warnings or explanations. Although if I'm in a good mood I might simply change the title. [​IMG]
    Please help keep the board clean (and maximize your responses) by not posting teasers. Many thanks.
    --Jay

2. Steven Simon

Steven Simon Producer

Steven Simon
  3. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

Wouldn't it be great if...
    [​IMG]
    Yes, I wholeheartedly agree with this statement. Truth is that I often don't even click on teaser threads. I'm sure there are plenty of others like me. It serves the original poster, and those who mean to help, best if the subject is indicated in the thread header.
    ------------------
    My dealer of choice (especially if you live in So-Cal, I highly recommend them): www.yawaonline.com

Click here for their www.audiosurvey.com reviews

4. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

I know that I'm not in the minority when I say I specifically don't read threads that are posted this way (unless they're on the Advanced board for obvious reasons - but we don't see them there). The only reason I'd ever open one would be to delete it if the thread name was REALLY bad.
    Oh yeah... funny teaser thread titles are often welcomed in the "After Hours" forum..... (Just ask Dugger...)
    ------------------
    Philip Hamm
    AIM: PhilBiker
    [Edited last by Philip Hamm on August 03, 2001 at 02:57 PM]

5. Ken Seeber

Ken Seeber Supporting Actor

Is it just me, or...
    Thank god. This is an annoying practice.
    Hey, mods, while we're at it can we do something about all the people who are still putting their entire equipment lists in their signatures? I've been shopping for a new receiver lately and you wouldn't believe the number of false hits I get because of this.

6. Ron Boster

Ron Boster Screenwriter

The titles I disliked the most were the ones that stated,
    "Convince me to buy X" For some reason it seemed very ego driven that I would want to take the time to "sell" someone on what to buy.
    Many thanks Jay
    Ron

7. Steven Simon

Steven Simon Producer

Steven Simon
  8. Ken Seeber

Steven,
    Thanks! It seems like I've been seeing a few pop up lately. I've resisted the urge to play moderator wannabe, but now that I'm in the market for a new receiver it's been driving me nuts!
    [Edited last by Ken Seeber on August 03, 2001 at 08:50 PM]

9. Thomas_Berg

Thomas_Berg Screenwriter

Thomas
    so can i have a link to my HT pics page in my signature? i'm confused...

10. Ken Seeber

A link is perfectly fine. Actually listing the equipment in your signature is against the rules.
    If someone runs a search for a particular piece of equipment, the search will bring up every post by every person who has that gear listed in their signature. That can be dozens and dozens of posts that have nothing whatsoever to do with the equipment itself.

11. Rob Gillespie

Rob Gillespie Producer

Ken nailed it. The search issue is the only reason we as people not to include equipment lists in their signatures.
    Links are fine, small images are fine.
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    "One does not simply walk into Mordor."
    Rob's Place