What's new

Tears Of The Sun superbit? (1 Viewer)

it needs one! The sound is VERY compressed
Jeremy I assume you switched the Dialog normalisation to OFF and Chris just can't do it with his receiver.

Widescreenreview stated :

'Overall volume level seems just a bit lower than might have been expected, perhaps due to the fact that the dialnorm offset was somewhat higher than normal (-6 dB). '

I HATE dialog normalisation crap !
Just keep the soundtrack the volume is supposed to be played ! Just like BLADE II, DIE ANOTHER DAY, etc.
:angry:

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
yup,

forgot about that evil.
I have a Yamaha Z-1...I assume no such control on it?

one of the best things about New Line discs - DTS and no normalisation!

TOTSun had a very dynamic soundtrack theatrically, as did BHDown.

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
FYI,

this is also an RCE title, so a SuperBit is more than likely.

Dale Ridgeway

Stunt Coordinator
Tears of the sun joins the a small club of moivies that can bottom out my SVS. How's that that for bass??!!!;)
It's a pretty dynamic track. I wouldnt feel ashamed to use it as a demo for my system. I made this a blind purchase, and glad to see that I didnt waste fifteen bucks. I see an eventual superbit release sitting on my shelf someday.:emoji_thumbsup:

Gregory E

Second Unit
So basically Sony is releasing subpar DVDs(at least in comparison to what other studios are producing) just so they can milk the audio and videophiles for more cash with a "Superbit" release which in reality is nothing more than what they should've given us in the first place?
I believe so. I held off buying Tears of the Sun just because I'm pretty sure a Superbit will be released.

See what you've done to me, Sony?!?!? :angry:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks