1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Team America soundtrack

Discussion in 'Music' started by Ian_H, Nov 4, 2004.

1. Ian_H

Ian_H Supporting Actor

Anyone have it yet? I tried to get it at Best Buy but they didn't have any. I found a track listing on craptv but it made no mention of the "I Hate You Alec Baldwin" song that plays during the end credits. I probably won;t buy it if it doesn't have that track.

--Ian

2. EricRWem

EricRWem Screenwriter

Adrik
  3. Keith Paynter

Keith Paynter Screenwriter

This is another Parker/Stone masterpiece. Trey definitely has a knack for writing lyrics that are both satirical and possibly even superior to the type of material being sent up, from the parody of "Rent" to country music's faux-patriotism ("Freedom costs a buck-oh-five"), to cheesy action flick love ballads ("Only a woman is allowed to touch me there").

The songs are surprisingly short, and are miles ahead of the music score, which also lampoons various genres while maintaining a serious dignity. (You have to love the Arabic take on John Williams' "Cantina Band" from the original Star Wars, when the film's visuals often matched the original shot-for-shot)

"All I ask is that you're a woman..."

"...or a man..."
    [​IMG]

Great stuff!

4. EricRWem

EricRWem Screenwriter

Adrik
  5. Ian_H

Ian_H Supporting Actor

Thanks for the info guys. I am ticked that the end title song is not on there. If that was on there I would make the purchase. Now I will just wait till it hits the used bins!

Thanks!!

--Ian

6. EricRWem

EricRWem Screenwriter

Adrik

Well, if you really want that song that badly, there are...other ways to get it, y'know. [​IMG]