Teagan and Sara, what type of music do they do (besides WWAG?)

Discussion in 'Music' started by Ryan L. Bisasky, Mar 10, 2005.

1. Ryan L. Bisasky

Ryan L. Bisasky Second Unit

I've heard the song "walking with a ghost" a couple of times on XM radio, and was wondering if the other songs on their album sounded similar to that or was completly different.
    thanks a bunch guys.

2. DavidNighorn

DavidNighorn Stunt Coordinator

I would say that the So Jealous is very consistent in sound and tone. That is not to say that all of the songs sound the same. 'I know, I know, I know' is much quieter than WWAG but still has some amazing hooks. The title track has a very interesting intro before settling into the main groove.

T&S have written an album of catchy hooks, simplified instrumentation, and honest, personal lyrics.

All in all, this is my favorite album from all of last year. That is a tall order when you think that Smile, HTDAAB (U2), and several other really excellent efforts came out during that period.

David

3. Ryan Tsang

Ryan Tsang Second Unit

So Jealous is my favorite album in 04. I saw them live last month and they rocked! WWAG is a good song but just average compared to the rest of the album. "Where does the good go?" is so sweet it'll give you cavities. "Speak Slow" is the rocker of the bunch. So many catchy hooks but I never find their hooks cliched or manufactured. Out of their three albums, it is definitely their most mature, polished, refined, and mainstream. I got my GF hooked on them.

Their second album "If it was you" has a more folk/acoustic feel to it. Still some gems here. Their first album "This Business of Art" is very indie, raw, and Ani DiFranco-inspired.

Answering your first question: No. Actually, the title track is the most unique of the lot.

4. Grant B

Grant B Producer

They were on live a couple of times here and they play their songs (about 3 months ago they were on a lot)
    They play the WWAG version they did live in the studio every so often

http://indie1031.fm/main.html