What's new

Teachers. (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Eh, it got a couple of chuckles out of me. If the show's primary focal point is the sexual misadventures of this one teacher, than that's a pretty flimsy premise to base a series on IMO.

The token black guy friend also stuck out as awkward, the guy had nothing to do but stand around. BTW, that same actor also played, literally, the token black guy in Not Another Teen Movie.

Overall, a pretty generic affair.

One thing, though, and this is to remind us that we are truly in a world of fiction, NO teacher in my entire academic life looked like Mrs. Torres!
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

I'll stick around for a few more eps. :D

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I work with educators and last month I actually was at a convention where there was a teacher who was absolutely stunning in that Sarah Shahi way. The more I thought about it the more I felt sorry for her male (and probably some female) students. :) But you're right - it's rare. She was the only one at that level of attractiveness in a convention of 350, with I'd guess about two-thirds female members.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I tell you this, though, if we did have a teacher on the level of Sarah Shahi, the dudes in my school wouldn't have learned a damned thing, you can bet your ass on that lol.

Lee Jamilkowski

Stunt Coordinator
I give the show five weeks, if NBC doesn't pull it earlier. Of course, that's just based on the first episode and not any ratings.

Good to see Matt Winson and Sarah Alexander (I miss the good Coupling, the British one).

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
It was an okay episode. Nothing hysterical or memorable. A few chuckles here or there.

I agree its good to see Sarah Alexander. She was my favourite of the Coupling gals.

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor
Yeah, I wasn't that impressed either. I was really hoping that this show would do well because I would love to be able to see Sarah Alexander in a weekly series again. I really miss Coupling . On the other hand, if the show does get canceled then Sarah Shahi will be able to go back to The L Word because her and Shane belong together, damn it!!!

I'll give it another try next week and see what happens.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I can remember having a substitute teacher, who I thought was very hot! Needless to say, I had a difficult time concentrating. :D

As for the show, it's the type of show that I'd watch if nothing else is on.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
My fifth grade teacher appeared in Penthouse (Pet of the Month November 1975).

I'll give the show another chance but I thought it was kind of boring. I want to see more of Halfrek.

Bryan Toth

Stunt Coordinator
I actually enjoyed it quite a bit .... I thought Justin Bartha was amusing as a teacher (I really enjoyed his "sidekick" role in National Treasure) ... and I've been waiting for Sarah Shahi's return to series TV since the first season of Alias! :)

Bryan

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i liked it.
the "good to know" line was great, both times.

also this makes the second series on nbc that isnt HD including scrubs.

odd that a new show these days wouldnt be hd.

"that is whack!"

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I thought this show had a 16x9 AR and in HD. (NBC's website also lists it as HDTV).

My high school calculus teacher was pretty hot.

Commander-in-Chief is moving to Thursdays (10 p.m. EST).

Sarah Shahi is ridiculously hot! Seeing how Sarah Alexander is willing to do the physical comedy bits is encouraging. Justin Bartha is just a little too charming, even if he thinks so himself.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
was 4x3 in philly not letterboxed.

i guess nbc philly blew it.
the show before was i think was scrubs.
no hd so i guess they were sleeping over there.

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor
My wife teaches 8th grade English. She's hot. She actually has had a bit of a problem with her male students getting crushes on her.

That's her photo below...

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
We had several hot teachers at my high school. I was on the staff for the yearbook and while we used student photographers for the 90% of the pictures that were black and white, we hired a pro for the color stuff, because the film and professional processing were more expensive and we didn't want to waste money. (The B&W stuff our photography club developed and printed.)

Well when we got the color pictures back it became clear that the photographer had developed a serious crush on the pretty new gym teacher who had started that fall. At least a third of the shots he took were of her. Not that the guys on the yearbook staff minded. But the girls weren't too happy. :)

Regards,

Joe

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I hope you don't mind me saying, Robert, but your wife is very pretty indeed, i've always loved asian women, very exotic, I think that's what get's me about them. :)

Wow, I guess I was real unlucky in the school's I went to, we never had any hot teachers. :frowning:

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor
Thanks, John. I do recall one or two hot teachers when I was in school, but they were pretty few. There's a couple of other teachers at my wife's school who are pretty attractive, but I'm partial to my own sweety.

Bow down to me, gentlemen. Not only do I know a hot teacher...I get to sleep with her too.:D

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Too bad that the hot substitute teacher in my middle school, never became a regular. I guess it became too much of a problem, when the male students (like myself) just kept staring at her you-know-what. :b

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor

Oh you poor baby, you had no hot teachers to look at in school. How terrible for you. :rolleyes

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks