What's new

TCM Vault: Universal Westerns of the 1950s, Feb 18 (1 Viewer)

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
I learned to be cautious of the TCM/Universal releases with this set. Half pressed/Half DVDr and the incorrect Aspect Ratio for two of the titles.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Traveling Matt said:
Half the discs were pressed and half burned in the same set?
3 titles pressed and 2 titles burned. Kinda disappointing. Burned titles are SASKATCHEWAN and PILLARS OF THE SKY.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
ahollis said:
3 titles pressed and 2 titles burned. Kinda disappointing.Burned titles are SASKATCHEWAN and PILLARS OF THE SKY.
The non-OAR bothers me, the pressed versus burned doesn't, because I buy so many of the Warner Archive titles which for the most part are more expensive than these boxsets if you go by pricing for each disc provided.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Robert Crawford said:
The non-OAR bothers me, the pressed versus burned doesn't, because I buy so many of the Warner Archive titles which for the most part are more expensive than these boxsets if you go by pricing for each disc provided.
I agree with you, but was disappointed after all the TCM sets from Universal and Sony have been pressed for the first run. I have a bunch of the MOD discs and a supporter of the fact that if taken care of they will last a long time. But the TMC/Universal packaging is so cumbersome that they could scratch easily.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
It is very odd to have MOD and Pressed in the same package almost as if the Pressed ones were already done for another release and then they added them to this new set with some MODs.
ahollis said:
I agree with you, but was disappointed after all the TCM sets from Universal and Sony have been pressed for the first run. I have a bunch of the MOD discs and a supporter of the fact that if taken care of they will last a long time. But the TMC/Universal packaging is so cumbersome that they could scratch easily.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I watched all these not realizing that some were not in the proper aspect ratios. Everything looked "correct:" as far as I could tell with decent/nice transfers. So it's really annoying to find out that some of the titles are wrong when they shouldn't have to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks