What's new

TCM spec ed "removable" metal cover (1 Viewer)

Erik Pontius

Stunt Coordinator
So I finally got around to picking up the TCM special edition yesterday. Among the "extras" advertised on the stick on label on the shrink wrap was the words "removable metal cover".
So I removed the shrink wrap and the "removable" metal cover just falls out, being only held in place with the shrink wrap... I looked for a way to stick the metal cover to the packaging...thinking that the package designers might have actually designed a way for the "removable" metal cover to be stuck back on the packaging cover, such as some tabs or slits or something....but no. So now I'm left with this loose plate... The plate is nice, but hard to keep both together on the shelf...Guess I'll stick it next to the Total Recall tin, another victim of impractical "collectible" packaging.
I'm curious as to what other owners of the TCM "removable" plate have done to try to keep the plate and the packaging together.

Erik

Erik Pontius

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the suggestion...Does slipping it in the inside pocket risk bending the embossed metal out of shape with the "evidence" packet in there, and then slipping the slip case it into the dust jacket?
**grumble** I think I would have prefered some kind of tabs on the dust jacket that would have held this thing in place.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I'm going to stick it behind my Sideshow Leatherface once it arrives. I do agree that it's a strange extra. I too was expecting it to be somehow connected to the packaging.

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
I actually found it a bit tight to put this and the "evidence photos" in the slipcase pocket - they would go in, but it was tighter than I liked.

I simply put it under the first flap of the digipak before I put it back in the case. You have to put your hand under the packaging anyway when you take it out, or the whole thing will slip out!

Packages like this can be deadly if you don't remember they bottom-open. I had guests last year when my daughter was born, and they stayed in the room with the DVDs. I remember thinking "I hope they don't pick up my X-Files set" because that could be a disaster too.

Erik Pontius

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah...I brought the set (minus the tin sheet) into work today to let one of my horror affeciado friends borrow and almost dropped the discs out the bottom of the dust cover to the asphalt in the parking lot. Then handing it over to my friend...he almost did the same thing...
Can't wait 'til I stick this set on my bookshelf...everytime I pull it off the shelf the discs will fall out on the floor..
I love the design...just not very practical.

Erik

Keith M.

Second Unit
im thinking of making slots w/ an exacto knife(razor) to hold it in place on the front cover...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks