What's new

TCM Remembers 2019 (1 Viewer)

Garysb

Senior HTF Member

Very up to date includes Danny Aiello who passed away a few days ago.

I hadn't heard that Bob Dorian had passed. He was the primary host at AMC when AMC was American Movie Classics.

Last edited:

filmnoirguy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Lon Cross
TCM Remembers is always very well done, and this year is no exception. However, I don't like the current trend of second and a half images that seems to be the fashion for movie trailers (wait, what's the name of that movie?) and in this case remembrances (who was that, again?). TCM often has at least 10 to 20 minutes between films. I, for one, would like to spend another second and a half per person even if it means TCM Remembers would be twice as long.

Traveling Matt

Supporting Actor
Julie Gibson was the oldest surviving Golden Age performer at 106. She is best remembered for her Three Stooges appearances in classic shorts such as Three Smart Saps (playing Curly's girlfriend) and Sock-a-Bye Baby.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Over the last couple of days, I revisited some prior "TCM Remembers" videos and I found them so poignant as you come to realize your own eventual mortality.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Over the last couple of days, I revisited some prior "TCM Remembers" videos and I found them so poignant as you come to realize your own eventual mortality.

I tend to watch less and less of these types of programs for precisely that reason. While it can be enjoyable to remember these performers and their contributions to arts and entertainment, there is a sort of 'hangover' effect for individuals of a certain age (such as yours truly) when dealing with the notion that there are fewer grains of sand in the hourglass. Ignoring it doesn't change anything of course, but sometimes a 'Nope, nothing to see here' attitude can help with ones' composure.

- Walter.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I tend to watch less and less of these types of programs for precisely that reason. While it can be enjoyable to remember these performers and their contributions to arts and entertainment, there is a sort of 'hangover' effect for individuals of a certain age (such as yours truly) when dealing with the notion that there are fewer grains of sand in the hourglass. Ignoring it doesn't change anything of course, but sometimes a 'Nope, nothing to see here' attitude can help with ones' composure.

- Walter.
I hear ya Walter. Anyhow, I have watched a few more. Man, 2003 was a bad year compared to most. We lost Katharine Hepburn, Gregory Peck, Bob Hope, Charles Bronson, Donald O'Connor, Hope Lange, Art Carney, Alan Bates, Robert Stack and Elia Kazan just to name some of them.

https://www.imdb.com/search/name/?death_date=2003-01-01,2003-12-31

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks