What's new

TCM: Finally in Real HD? (1 Viewer)

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
YES is a regional sports network and I’m not sure why it would be carried outside of NY.

I know you can subscribe to rsn on Dtv.
Do other carriers do this?

Because Yankee fans are everywhere. At many ballparks, you can hear more cheering for the visiting Yankees than the home team.When I was visiting in Tampa, they doubled the price of tickets when the Yankees were there. Also the same for New York Football Giants.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Because Yankee fans are everywhere. At many ballparks, you can hear more cheering for the visiting Yankees than the home team.When I was visiting in Tampa, they doubled the price of tickets when the Yankees were there. Also the same for New York Football Giants.
Including Michigan.;)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

Sorry but that’s stereotypical Yankee, Cowboy, Notre Dame sounding rhetoric.

I see and hear the same thing and nearly every Eagle road game every Flyers road game Phillies etc.
same for PAtriots road games
Same for a dozen other games in all the sports.

Hearing yankee fans at road games isn’t a reason for expecting YES net to be on all the cable systems.

It’s pretty eye rolling to hear anyone say it out loud.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
It’s pretty eye rolling to hear anyone say it out loud.

Yankee fans are pretty loud.

Frontier cable does carry YES in Florida. Spectrum does not. I have a choice of Frontier and Spectrum in Palmetto. Can also get them on DirecTV, Hulu, Sling, Fubo and NordVPN,

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
When the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim play the Yankees in Anaheim, it is frequently a sold-out (or near capacity) crowd.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Yankee fans are pretty loud.

Frontier cable does carry YES in Florida. Spectrum does not. I have a choice of Frontier and Spectrum in Palmetto. Can also get them on DirecTV, Hulu, Sling, Fubo and NordVPN,
Are you sure you can get YES on Hulu and Sling in Florida? I can't in Michigan!

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
I'll find out when I move. Right now they say the closing will be the end of November.

Ken H

Second Unit
Real Name
Ken
Live Yankee games on a regional sports network like YES are only available in their home market (metro NYC) due to MLB rules. You can see YES games when you purchase MLB Extra Innings from your cable or sat provider, it's about $165-175 a year depending on your provider. This also includes all in market MLB games for your local home team.

But not to fear, a subscription to MLB.TV lets you watch all out of market games for all teams. It's about $120 a year. In July of this year, the half year subscription for all games after the All Star break was only $50.

Oh, too bad so sad for those Yankmes. Go Astros. Or Go Nationals. Or anyone but the Yankmes or St. Louis Crudinals......

Last edited:

Tom Logan

Second Unit
I was disappointed a few days ago to see TCM present 1965's The Nanny distorted, squished from the top and bottom:
Nanny squished image.jpg

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
It looks like no one here was affected by Comcast’s I’ll advised choice to move TCM to a premium pay channel tier.

About 4 weeks ago they moved it to a new “sports and entertainment” package that they made up just for this move of TCM.

The cost is $10 a month so it essentially is now a premium channel just like HBO and Showtime.

The main purpose of this package was for people to pay for NFL RedZone channel.

Now it’s also extorting people who want TCM.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
It looks like no one here was affected by Comcast’s I’ll advised choice to move TCM to a premium pay channel tier.

About 4 weeks ago they moved it to a new “sports and entertainment” package that they made up just for this move of TCM.

The cost is $10 a month so it essentially is now a premium channel just like HBO and Showtime.

The main purpose of this package was for people to pay for NFL RedZone channel.

Now it’s also extorting people who want TCM.
I just recently started xfinity. When I signed up TCM was in the package I selected. When I tried to watch it, it wasn’t. I called and complained and they said I had accepted the fact the could change packages without notice. However, they gave me a $60 credit to pay for 6 months of the package. Still ticks me off.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Yeah I signed up for Comcast about 6 or 7 weeks ago.
Walked out the door expecting to pay about $154 a month after all their extra fees.
Get the first bill and there’s an additional batch of assorted fees and taxes so we end up paying exactly what we were before with Dtv.

Then 3 weeks on they do that TCM business.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I just recently started xfinity. When I signed up TCM was in the package I selected. When I tried to watch it, it wasn’t. I called and complained and they said I had accepted the fact the could change packages without notice. However, they gave me a $60 credit to pay for 6 months of the package. Still ticks me off.

That's amazing. Here in Retirement Land, people (myself included) are having CONNIPTIONS over the sudden disappearance of TCM from Xfinity, and nobody who complained about it got jack squat.

I also heard that Comcast is currently arguing with Starz over pricing, and we might lose them too in a couple of months. That could start a riot.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks