What's new

TCM Didn't Adjust Schedule for Daylight Savings Time (1 Viewer)

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
TCM fixed the problem.

I went to the TCM app and looked at the West Coast feed. They seem to not run "One Way Passage" which was scheduled to run from 2:30 PM to 4:00 PM. They are showing promos .

"Waterloo Bridge aired as scheduled at 4:00 PM.

Last edited:

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I live in Philadelphia, which isn’t as far East as New Jersey, NY, or the New England states, however on 12.21 sunrise is at 7:19am. Moving an hour ahead would cause daylight to not come until 8:19- this far east. The further west you go, the worse that gets and I feel for the poor people on the boarder line. Would it still be dark at 9am?
I used to live in the Philly suburbs- now I live about an hour northeast of Lexington KY. Sun rises and sets about 35-40 minutes later where I am now.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
TCM programmed the 2 AM to 3 AM Sunday that didn't exist. I think the only things they can do is cancel one movie and if it runs in a 90 minute slot, run promos for 30 minutes or just adjust their schedule to reflect the times the movies are actually airing until they get to the end of March. Perhaps they could replace a 3 hour movie with a 2 hour movie.

That sounds about right. So a programming error is probably more likely than technical glitches based on what you’re saying. If the error is in the schedule, you gotta look at it like anytime a sports match runs later than schedule - it’s bumping the rest of the programming, so you either decide to show everything in full at later times, or axe something to get things back in line.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Id rather have the sun come up later in the morning then go down earlier at night.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks