What's new

TCM Classic Film Festival 2021 May 6 to May 9th on Both TCM and HBOMax. (1 Viewer)

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I posted this on the HBOMax thread but thought it deserved its own thread.

Shall we start speculating whether they will show a corrected opening for "West Side Story"?
Would be amazing but I doubt it.

The virtual TCM Festival this year will be on both TCM and HBOMax. Different films on each service. They describe it as going to the festival in person with 2 theaters running programs at the same time. Festival will include a virtual reunion of 3 stars from West Side Story, Russ Tamblyn, Rita Moreno, and George Chakiris. This will air on both TCM and HBOMax.

Other announced guests include Mira Nair and Rob Reiner, who will reflect on their personal memories of their most seminal films as part of a focus on iconic directors. Danny Glover and Ali MacGraw will also be honored and participate in exclusive conversations looking back on their legacies.

Last edited:

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Here are the schedules:

TCM

HBOMax

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
The restored version of "Annie Get Your Gun" was not available to watch on the Watch TCM app live. You get a screen that says this film is not available to view on your device. As a Verizon subscriber I don't get TCM HD and I relay on the app to see TCM HD. Very disappointed and first time I have seen this. While not every film is available to stream after broadcast I have never seen the live feed blocked from the app.

Last edited:

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
The restored version of "Annie Get Your Gun" was not available to watch on the Watch TCM app live. You get a screen that says this film is not available to view on your device. As a Verizon subscriber I don't get TCM HD and I relay on the app to see TCM HD. Very disappointed and first time I have seen this. While not every film is available to stream after broadcast I have never seen the live feed blocked from the app.
I believe that Annie Get Your Gun is a very special case due to its specific rights issue.

From what I read, no digital version would be made available. The Blu-Ray, DVD, and the Fest Broadcast would be the only ways to view it. And I believe it will also not enter the TCM regular lineup.

I think this was the compromise reached with the right's holders who have kept it out of the public eye for decades.

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
The Martin Short interview was very enjoyable. He seems like a genuinely nice person. It stayed away from politics and talked about his different films including his involvement with various members of SCTV and SNL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sujoy2216