What's new

TCM brings back Vault Disney (1 Viewer)

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
For some reason I'm not seeing Rodney's image. Is it a list of what's going to be broadcast that night?

upload_2017-5-30_9-44-0.png

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Interesting, the image I posted looks good on my end.
Anyway, thanks Roland for the assist.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Thanks guys, DVR set for all of it except Pollyanna (I have the BD so no need to record that one). Last time TCM did one of these nights, my DVR glitched and didn't record it. Hoping for better luck this time!

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I just found out I missed a Vault Disney last month, September 11th. :(
  • Swiss Family Robinson (1960)
  • Kidnapped (1960)
  • 
Lonesome Ghosts (1937)
  • Blackbeard's Ghost (1968)
  • Freaky Friday (1976)
  • Candleshoe (1977)

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
I just found out I missed a Vault Disney last month, September 11th. :(
  • Swiss Family Robinson (1960)
  • Kidnapped (1960)
  • 
Lonesome Ghosts (1937)
  • Blackbeard's Ghost (1968)
  • Freaky Friday (1976)
  • Candleshoe (1977)
My DVR did not record them, alas!

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Someone please remind us on December 19th!

I've tried in the past to use the TCM website reminder service but it's failed to work for me each time.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Someone please remind us on December 19th!

I've tried in the past to use the TCM website reminder service but it's failed to work for me each time.
I just put in a Cal invite with a reminder two days before. No promises, but I'll try to post here when that reminder comes through. I've had the TCM reminder fail on me too. :(

richardburton84

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jack
Definitely looking forward to this latest lineup. I have been enjoying these Disney nights immensely and try to watch as much of them as possible (I had to miss the first 40 minutes of Swiss Family Robinson last session due to work though). I’m particularly looking forward to seeing Disney’s first take on the Robin Hood legend. I grew up watching the animated version, but have heard that this version is supposed to be better, so it will be nice to finally see it.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Here is printout of the December Disney Night from The TCM Schedule for December 20

8:00 PM
BRAVE LITTLE TAILOR ( 1938)

A giant threatens the land and the city folk force Mickey Mouse to fight the giant.

C- 9 mins,

8:15 PM
STORY OF ROBIN HOOD, THE ( 1952)

A young Robin Hood bands together a group of men to avenge his father¿s death and help the oppressed people of the land.

Dir: Ken Annakin Cast: Richard Todd , Joan Rice , Peter Finch .

C- 84 mins,

9:45 PM
SIGN OF ZORRO, THE ( 1960)

Don Diego dons the mask of Zorro to free the town from the tyrannical rule of a dictator.

Dir: Norman Foster Cast: Guy Williams , Henry Calvin , Gene Sheldon .

BW- 91 mins,

11:30 PM
TOBY TYLER ( 1960)

Orphan Toby Tyler runs away and joins a traveling circus.

Dir: Charles Barton Cast: Kevin Corcoran , Henry Calvin , Gene Sheldon .

C- 96 mins,

1:15 AM
WALT DISNEY'S WONDERFUL WORLD OF COLOR: TRICKS OF OUR TRADE ( 1957)

A behind-the-scenes look at the improvements in cartoon animation hosted by Walt Disney.

BW- 60 mins,

2:15 AM
PETE'S DRAGON ( 1977)

A boy leaves his abusive foster family and becomes friends with a dragon.

Dir: Don Chaffey Cast: Helen Reddy , Jim Dale , Mickey Rooney .

C- 128 mins,

4:30 AM
FUZZBUCKET ( 1986)

An invisible creature becomes friends with a 12-year-old boy and helps him get out of trouble from time to time.

Dir: Mick Garris Cast: Chris Hebert , Phil Fondacaro , Joe Regalbuto .

C- 46 mins,

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
I have The Story of Robin Hood and His Merrie Men Disney Movie Club Exclusive DVD which is in full screen (1.33:1) so I can't wait to see how it is presented on TCM.

As a completist who owns the complete Series of Zorro in both black and white (Walt Disney Treasures) and color (Disney Movie Club Exclusives). I've been hoping that Disney would release The Sign of Zorro and Zorro the Avenger on DVD so seeing The Sign of Zorro on TCM will be a real treat.

I hope in future iterations of Vault Disney on TCM they broadcast the following:

The Prince and the Pauper (the complete series of 3 episodes starring Sean Scully and Guy Williams that first aired in 1962)

The Scarecrow of Romney Marsh (the complete series of 3 episodes that first aired in 1963) especially for those who missed out on the Walt Disney Treasures release

Zorro the Avenger (1959)

Willie and the Yank (the complete series of 3 episodes that first aired in 1967)

The Secret of Boyne Castle (the complete series of 3 episodes that first aired in 1969)

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I hope in future iterations of Vault Disney on TCM they broadcast the following:

The Prince and the Pauper (the complete series of 3 episodes starring Sean Scully and Guy Williams that first aired in 1962)
Prince and the Pauper is available for HD download in widescreen, however it’s the 93 minute theatrical version.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks