What's new

TCM brings back Vault Disney (1 Viewer)

Stan

Senior HTF Member
If you click on any of the titles in my post, it will take you to TCM.com where you can setup an email reminder:

EMAIL INFORMATION
We will send you an email one week (if your request is more than one week from today's date) and/or day before the title airs on TCM.

Thanks for the info Rodney. Can't believe I never came across this thread before.

I love TCM. Unedited, no commercials, OAR. One of my favorite channels.

What's scary is some of the things now considered "classics". I always considered classics to be from the '30s maybe up until the '70s, but they're showing a lot of newer films. Guess the clock keeps ticking as we age :oops:

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
At least its STILL TCM. That's more than can be said for what happened to AMC under Liberty's management.
Agreed. I really used to enjoy AMC when it was classic movies and didn't have commercials.

Let's hope they never decide they need to change TCM, it has consistently been a great channel.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Another decent one is IFC. They do have commercials, but they supposedly don't edit the films, although they do have the infamous "formatted to fit this screen" message. Not to bad with widescreen HDTV now, don't lose a lot like back in the old 4:3, pan & scan days.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
IFC used to air only small independent and foreign films though. It's not like today's channel which is just AMC if it was Comedy Central.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Rats!
They slipped a Vault Disney in last night, and I missed the first few shows:

8:00 PM Tugboat Mickey (1940)
Boat Builders (1938)

8:30 PM Treasure Island (1950)

10:15 PM Davy Crockett and the River Pirates (1956)

11:45 PM Disneyland Around the Seasons (1966)

1:00 AM Those Calloways (1965)

3:30 AM A Country Coyote Goes Hollywood (1965)

4:15 AM Midnight Madness (1980)

I'm not too concerned with Treasure Island, as I have the blu-ray, but I would have loved to get the two cartoon shorts before it. I was able to TiVo the remainder. Disneyland Around the Seasons was a fun watch! Haven't watched any of the others yet.

I'm sorry I missed this one, but at least I've got the excellent Treasure Island and Davy Crockett Blu-rays, and Disneyland Around The Seasons on one of the Walt Disney Treasures DVD sets. Would have loved to have seen it in HD, but I'll make due with the DVD.

I wish that the DIsney Channel, or TCM, would show more of the Disneyland/Wonderful World Of Color episodes that Walt hosted, I can't get enough of those.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
IFC used to air only small independent and foreign films though. It's not like today's channel which is just AMC if it was Comedy Central.
IFC would also occasionally run commentaries as well. It was my introduction to the concept and piqued my interest in them ... just in time for the DVD era ...

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I wish that the DIsney Channel, or TCM, would show more of the Disneyland/Wonderful World Of Color episodes that Walt hosted, I can't get enough of those.

Oh, I agree totally. It would be great if TCM or Disney themselves re-ran them in sequence, all the ones that Walt Disney hosted, Walt Disney's Disneyland, Walt Disney Presents, and Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color. That would be a great Vault Disney series. And show it on Sunday evenings, which is the night I recall fondly the whole family gathering together to watch. Good times.

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
Looks like another Vault Disney block is coming to TCM on December 21st:

8:00 PM

Perri (1957)

A true life tale of a female squirrel named Perri living among the dangers of the forest.

Dir: N. Paul Kenworthy Cast: Winston Hibler ,

C-74 mins,

9:30 PM
Old Yeller (1957)

A frontier boy develops close ties with a yellow dog.

Dir: Robert Stevenson Cast: Dorothy McGuire , Fess Parker , Jeff York .

C-84 mins, CC,

11:15 PM
Littlest Outlaw, The (1955)

A little boy and his horse run away from a cruel horse trainer.

Dir: Roberto Gavaldón Cast: Pedro Armendariz , Joseph Calleia , Rodolfo Acosta .

C-73 mins,

12:45 AM
Ugly Duckling (1939)

When a duck hatches an ugly child, it becomes a community outcast.

Dir: Clyde Geromini

C-7 mins,

12:45 AM
Tortoise and the Hare, The (1935)

The classic tale of a foot race between Max Hare and Toby Tortoise.

Dir: Wilfred Jackson

C-9 mins,

1:15 AM
Ugly Dachshund, The (1966)

A couple adopt a tiny puppy and are surprised when he grows into a full sized Great Dane.

Dir: Norman Tokar Cast: Dean Jones , Suzanne Pleshette , Charlie Ruggles .

C-93 mins,

3:00 AM
Tale of Two Critters, A (1977)

A bear cub and a raccoon become fast friends when they're swept away down a river, away from their families.

Dir: Jack Speirs

C-48 mins,

4:00 AM
Sammy, the Way-Out Seal (1962)

Two young brothers secretly bring home a seal from their summer vacation and try to hide it from Mom and Dad.

Dir: Norman Tokar Cast: Robert Culp , Jack Carson , Patricia Barry .

C-88 mins,

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
My cable company just moved TCM from the $66 monthly Tier(the one I have) to the $88 option. And this is before a reported price hike coming early next year over every tier.

I'm flying blind, but I have to ditch them. They have fantastic support and free service calls, but the disappearing channels, and continual price hikes have me looking for other options.
TCM was one of my absolute favorite channels, but I can't justify paying another $20 a month just for it.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
My cable company just moved TCM from the $66 monthly Tier(the one I have) to the $88 option. And this is before a reported price hike coming early next year over every tier.

I'm flying blind, but I have to ditch them. They have fantastic support and free service calls, but the disappearing channels, and continual price hikes have me looking for other options.
TCM was one of my absolute favorite channels, but I can't justify paying another $20 a month just for it.
I hear you, Bryan! With us, we could no longer justify the ridiculously high monthly bills, shitty internet, and nightmare customer service.

What really stinks is discovering recently that there's NO chance of our current provider EVER picking up TCM, but there's no way we'll ever go back! :P

So it goes!

CHEERS! :)

Stan

Senior HTF Member

I'm about ready to do the same. The only reason I keep my current package is for BBCA, which I keep only for Doctor Who and the occasional odd-ball show like Dirk Gently. I'm tired of paying for 35 worthless channels I'll never watch just to get the one I want.

And there is so much crap out there. You upgrade, get 50 new channels, but 48 of them are selling knives, jewelry, kitchen equipment and other garbage. Thank goodness I can program a "favorites" menu and ignore the shit they spew out.

I've often though of "cutting the cord" and just going with broadcast stuff, but then I lose the DVR, no double receiver like I have with Dish, would have to pay for TiVO, which only supports one TV and it apparently requires a monthly payment. Plus I can operate my Dish remote by touch, love the system, have grown so accustomed to it, it's comfortable, I don't want to change and learn a new system.

Nine years with them now and I love the service, the dual receiver, basically the entire set-up, don't want to start over again.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Thursday March 16, 2017

8:00 PM
GOOD SCOUTS (1938)

Donald Duck attempts to lead his nephews' scout troop.
C-8 mins,

8:15 PM
FOLLOW ME, BOYS! (1966)

A small-town man dedicates his life to leading a Boy Scout troop.
Dir: Norman Tokar Cast: Fred MacMurray , Vera Miles , Lillian Gish .
C-131 mins,

10:30 PM
HOUND THAT THOUGHT HE WAS A RACCOON, THE (1960)

A lost puppy is taken in by a mother raccoon.
Dir: Tom McGowan Cast: Rex Allen ,
C-47 mins,

11:30 PM
WINTER STORAGE (1949)

Chip and Dale fight park ranger Donald Duck over a bag of acorns.
C-7 mins,

ALL IN A NUTSHELL (1949)

Donald Duck goes to war with Chip and Dale over the nuts he needs for his business.
C-7 mins,

OUT OF SCALE (1951)

Chip and Dale take over Donald Duck's backyard train set.
BW-7 mins,

12:00 AM
INCREDIBLE JOURNEY, THE (1963)

Lost on vacation, two dogs and a cat try to find their way home.
Dir: Fletcher Markle Cast: Muffey , Syn Cat , Rink .
C-80 mins,

1:30 AM
JUNGLE CAT (1960)

Documentary cameras capture the life of a spotted jaguar living in the South American jungle.
Dir: James Algar Cast: Winston Hibler ,
C-69 mins,

2:45 AM
CHARLIE, THE LONESOME COUGAR (1967)

A logger takes in a motherless cougar cub, who grows up to become a troublemaker.
Dir: Winston Hibler Cast: Ron Brown , Bryan Russell , Linda Wallace .
C-75 mins,

4:15 AM
NAPOLEON AND SAMANTHA (1972)

Two children run off with a pet lion.
Dir: Bernard McEveety [Jr.] Cast: Michael Douglas , Will Geer , Arch Johnson .
C-92 mins,

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Only one of those I plan on recording and that follow Me Bys.
Would love to see the full version of the one about Drexel, drawing a blank on the name.

Bernard McNair

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bernard McNair
Only one of those I plan on recording and that follow Me Bys.
Would love to see the full version of the one about Drexel, drawing a blank on the name.
I believe that you are thinking of The Happiest Millionaire.
IMHO a very under rated film.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Has The Moon-Spinners turned up on any of these Vault Disney nights? I'd REALLY like to see it in HD and the proper aspect ratio.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks