Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Just a reminder:
img_disney_collage.png

This was from last September.
TCM announces these that early or was this a repeat of all of these?

Anyway.
Leonard looked a little rough tonight.
I wonder how he’s doing these days.

richardburton84

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jack
Monday, September 2nd will be another night of Treasures from the Disney Vault:

8:00 P.M. - Fun and Fancy Free (1947)
9:30 P.M. - Donald’s Fire Trouble (1943)
9:45 P.M. - The Love Bug (1968)
11:45 P.M. - The Happiest Millionaire (1967)
2:15 A.M. - The Art of Skiing (1941)
2:30 A.M. - Snowball Express (1973)
4:15 A.M. - The Hockey Champ (1939)
4:30 A.M. - The Misadventures of Merlin Jones (1964)

http://www.tcm.turner.com/schedule/index.html?tz=est&sdate=2019-09-02

Looking forward to revisiting Fun and Fancy Free and seeing Happiest Millionaire for the first time, though looking at the runtime listed at the site, it doesn’t appear to be the full roadshow version.

Last edited:

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
The only feature film in that lineup that doesn't already have an HD master is Merlin Jones. So that's the only one I'll tune in to see if they have anything new to premiere, transfer-wise.

holtge

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gordon Holt
Just catching up on the DVR recording I made of this month's edition of Treasures from the Disney Vault, where I heard Leonard Maltin say something I hadn't been expecting. At the introduction of the Goofy short, The Art of Skiing, and the film it accompanied in 1972, Snowball Express, Leonard stated that "It's our last edition for 2019." I had assumed originally that TCM would do another of edition around the holidays, but it sounds like that isn't going to happen. I wonder if Disney didn't want that this year due to the launch of Disney+?

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
The only feature film in that lineup that doesn't already have an HD master is Merlin Jones. So that's the only one I'll tune in to see if they have anything new to premiere, transfer-wise.

Its sequel, 1965's The Monkey's Uncle, does have one and looks pretty good.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I'm sorry to hear that he has Parkinson's. In 2017, I saw him at the premiere of the Sherman Brothers' Levi! at LA City College, and I never would have guessed he was sick.

The Happiest Millionaire is still on TCM on Demand for two more days at 164 minutes, same as on all the other legal streaming sources for Disney movies.

Last edited:

GlennF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn Frost
Well, I am not saying he has Parkinson's, but he is still very active. I spent an hour yesterday watching a live chat with him and his daughter. He has his own website Leonardmaltin.com a Facebook page and is also on Patreon. He was just at Telluride, teaches still at USC, writes movie reviews that he posts on his website and is going on the TCM cruise this October as a speaker. He might have the disease, but he is still very active!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks