1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Press Release TCFHE Press Release: X-MEN Dark Phoenix (4k UHD) (Blu-ray)

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ronald Epstein, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    [​IMG]

THE X-MEN'S GREATEST BATTLE WILL CHANGE THEIR FUTURE!

[​IMG]

Complete Your X-Men Collection When X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX Arrives on Digital September 3 and 4K Ultra HD™, Blu-ray™ and DVD September 17
    X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX

Sophie Turner, James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender and Jennifer Lawrence fire up an all-star cast in this spectacular culmination of the X-Men saga! During a rescue mission in space, Jean Grey (Turner) is transformed into the infinitely powerful and dangerous DARK PHOENIX. As Jean spirals out of control, the X-Men must unite to face their most devastating enemy yet — one of their own.

The home entertainment release comes packed with hours of extensive special features and behind-the-scenes insights from Simon Kinberg and Hutch Parker delving into everything it took to bring
    X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX to the big screen. Beast also offers a hilarious, but important, one-on-one “How to Fly Your Jet to Space” lesson in the Special Features section. Check out a clip of the top-notch class sessions below!

Add X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX to your digital collection on Movies Anywhere September 3 and buy it on 4K Ultra HDTM, Blu-rayTM and DVD September 17.

"How to Fly Your Jet to Space with Beast"
    [​IMG]

X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and Digital HD Special Features:
    • Deleted Scenes with Optional Commentary by Simon Kinberg and Hutch Parker*:
      • Edwards Air Force Base
      • Charles Returns Home
      • Mission Prep
      • Beast MIA
      • Charles Says Goodbye
    • Rise of the Phoenix: The Making of Dark Phoenix (5-Part Documentary)
    • Scene Breakdown: The 5th Avenue Sequence**
    • How to Fly Your Jet to Space with Beast
    • Audio Commentary by Simon Kinberg and Hutch Parker
    *Commentary available on Blu-ray, iTunes Extras and Movies Anywhere only
    **Available on Digital only

X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX 4K Ultra HD™ Technical Specifications:
    Street Date: September 17, 2019
    Screen Format: Widescreen 16:9 (2.39:1)
    Audio: English Dolby Atmos, English Descriptive Audio Dolby Digital 5.1,
    Spanish Dolby Digital 5.1, French DTS 5.1
    Subtitles: English for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing, Spanish, French
    Total Run Time: 114 minutes
    U.S. Rating: PG-13

X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX Blu-ray Technical Specifications:
    Audio: English DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1, English Descriptive Audio Dolby Digital 5.1,
    Spanish Dolby Digital 5.1, French Dolby Digital 5.1

X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX DVD Technical Specifications:
    Audio: English Dolby Digital 5.1, English Descriptive Audio Dolby Digital 5.1,
    Spanish Dolby Digital 2.0, French Dolby Digital 2.0

The price link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

2. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

My X-Men collection includes 3D for all the movies that used it, won't be buying this one without it. Guess it'll have to remain incomplete.

TJPC likes this.
  3. Jake Lipson

Jake Lipson Lead Actor

Jake Lipson
    That cover art is styled to match the design and branding that Disney has been using ("Multi-Screen Edition," etc.)

This begs the question: at what point is 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment going to cease to exist? With all due respect to the fine folks who work there, it's not like Disney needs a second home video distribution division; they can just absorb Fox titles into Disney's existing home entertainment division.

And: if 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment does shutter, will it be safe to pre-order Fox titles on Amazon? We know how Amazon and Disney feel about each other based on unending pissing contest of the last few years.

Fortunately, I don't want Dark Phoenix anyway, but I might want other Fox titles in the future. I might have to start getting those from physical stores instead, like I do with current Disney titles.

Sam Favate likes this.
  4. Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Josh Steinberg
    That process is underway. Their longtime leader, James Finn, just left the company. It’s unclear if he was laid off or resigned, but it was sadly expected. Mr. Finn used to participate on HTF and was always a class act.

Sam Favate and Timothy E like this.
  5. Jake Lipson

Jake Lipson Lead Actor

Jake Lipson
    Not surprising. The one upside is that since it was obvious they were going to do this, hopefully Mr. Finn and any other affected employees knew a long time ago to start prepping their resumes and hopefully will land somewhere else sooner than later.

Once Disney fully absorbs them, I would expect Fox titles to become affected by the same dispute as Disney titles currently are in relation to Amazon.

6. Allansfirebird

Allansfirebird Supporting Actor

Sean
    I'm agog that Fox actually put in the effort to make a multi-part making-of documentary on the disc. I thought those days were over.

7. TJPC

TJPC Producer

Terry Carroll
    I’d be much more agog if they stirred their stumps and made a 3D Blu ray available!

8. Jason_V

Jason_V Lead Actor

Jason
    Same. I wonder if it will be a true "doc" or the same crap EPK stuff we've seen over and over. This movie has more drama associated with it than most, so it could be a great watch.

I will be getting this even though I didn't think the movie was all that good. It'll be a Black Friday or sale pick up. I really can't stand having an incomplete collection on the shelf.

9. Sam Favate

Sam Favate Lead Actor

Sam Favate
    I'm going to miss Fox home video. They were one of the few that got it. Their X-Files box set a few years was really nice, and left room for the new seasons. The best thing that could have happened was for someone like Finn to take over the whole Disney home video operation; then, everyone wins. Now, no one does.

Jesse Skeen likes this.