1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Press Release TCFHE Press Release: THE SIMPSONS: The Complete Nineteenth Season

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Ronald Epstein, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    [​IMG]
    “MMM… DVDS”
    [​IMG]
    THE SIMPSONS The Complete Nineteenth Season
    Arrives on DVD December 3

Season Nineteen Loaded With Bonus Material and Includes
    Collectible Homer Simpson Packaging

Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment proudly presents THE SIMPSONS
    THE COMPLETE NINETEENTH SEASON
    - bringing the citizens of Springfield, (state currently unknown) to DVD December 3. This release features numerous classics and comes loaded with bonus features including full audio commentary accompanying every episode, providing a peek behind the curtain to learn more about the residents of 742 Evergreen Terrace.

As the season following the historic debut of The Simpsons Movie (in 2D!), THE SIMPSONS
    THE COMPLETE NINETEENTH SEASON includes a number of beloved episodes such as the
    Sideshow Bob focused adventure “Funeral for a Fiend,” the WGA-nominated “Homer of Seville,” and the Emmy-winning “Eternal Moonshine of the Simpsons Mind.” Guest stars from the season include returning fan favorites Kelsey Grammer as the aforementioned Sideshow Bob, David Hyde Pierce as his brother Cecil Terwilliger and Glenn Close as Mona Simpson, as well as Stephen Colbert, Matt Dillon, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Jack Black, “Weird Al” Yankovic and MORE!

THE SIMPSONS THE COMPLETE NINETEENTH SEASON is currently available for pre-order and will be available on December 3.

THE SIMPSONS THE COMPLETE NINETEENTH SEASON DVD BONUS FEATURES
    • Audio Commentaries on All 20 Episodes
    • Introduction By Matt Groening
    • Special Language Feature
    • Thank You

THE SIMPSONS THE COMPLETE NINETEENTH SEASON DVD SPECIFICATIONS
    Street Date: December 3, 2019
    Prebook Date: July 20, 2019
    Screen Format: Widescreen 1.33:1
    Audio: English Dolby Digital 5.1
    Spanish Dolby Digital 2.0 French Dolby Digital 2.0
    Subtitles: English SDH / Spanish / French
    Total Run Time: Approximately 500 minutes
    Closed Captioned: Yes

Blimpoy06 likes this.
  2. The Obsolete Man

The Obsolete Man Cinematographer

Robert
    I did not expect this, especially under Disney.

However, I'm glad they at least finished filling the gap.

3. jcroy

jcroy Producer

jr
    If I had to guess, is it possible that this was already in the workflow pipeline slightly before or during the merger?

It appears that Disney may very well be just letting whatever was already in the former Fox pipeline, follow through and eventually finish its course. (ie. No point in breaking any previous contracts which were aleady signed and sealed by the previous regime).

4. rmw650

rmw650 Second Unit

Richard W
    I had a good feeling this was going to come out later this year, not exactly sure when it would have but this year is what I felt as to when it would arrive on the DVD format and that's pretty cool to see because now the first 20 seasons of the show will all be available by the year's end. Good to see this and maybe Season #21 comes out a little earlier in 2020!

5. jcroy

jcroy Producer

jr
    From a completely cynical perspective.

I have to wonder if Disney is planning to release giant multi-season sets of 15-20+ discs for The Simpsons and other Fox shows. For example, consecutive multi-seasons sets of 1-5, 6-10, 11-15, 16-20. (ie. Similar to the pattern of the giant South Park fifteen-discs sets).

6. jcroy

jcroy Producer

jr
    (On a tangential rant).

Awhile ago I stopped buying the Family Guy season sets, when I first first saw that they were releasing giant multi-season sets of seasons 1-5, 6-10, 11-14 (iirc). I already have the individual Family Guy dvd sets up to season 14.

I was about to buy the Family Guy season 15 dvd set, until I saw a seasons 11-14 set for around $20 on the same shelf at a nearby wallyworld.

7. Brian Himes

Brian Himes Screenwriter

Brian
    Well, looks like this will be my stopping point. I'll be content with the first 20 years. I've been hoping season 19 would come out. I thought it would have been last year but I'll take it this year instead.