1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Press Release TCFHE Press Release: JoJo Rabbit (4k UHD) (Blu-ray)

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ronald Epstein, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Jake Lipson

Jake Lipson Lead Actor

Jake Lipson
    I thought that too until I saw the $22.99 street date prices for the Blu-ray, which is an unfortunate impact of Disney's now handling Fox titles. If Fox was still handling this release as an independent studio, it probably would have streeted at $19.99.

I really love the movie, but it's a busy month and I've been spending a lot on other titles -- most of them Disney, actually -- that I'm not sure I can swing that much right now for this. It may have to wait for a price drop -- which is another thing Disney rarely does for their titles.

That's too bad. In that case, for his future films, it might be wise for the producers of the extras to pair him up with someone else for the duration of the discussion and not just via phone calls.

Darby67 likes this.
  2. Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson Lead Actor

I looked back at prior Waititi commentaries, and the only decent one was with Jemaine Clement for "What We Do In the Shadows". It's not a good commentary but it's listenable.

The "Eagle Vs. Shark" commentary isn't good, and I've already mentioned my dislike of the "Ragnarok" commentary.

If Waititi has paired with Merchant for the whole "Rabbit" track, it probably would've been much better. Not a surprise since Merchant's "Fighting With My Family" commentary was good.

All those moments where Waititi goes "let's watch the movie" get old! The guy must understand we've already watched the movie and turned on the commentary to hear him! :blink:

3. David Wilkins

David Wilkins Supporting Actor

And it's STILL not available, in any format, even for pre-order, from lovely Amazon. Same goes for 'Ford v Ferrari', even though the street date was 2/11/20. Still part of their Disney pissing match, I assume. I doubt there's any ongoing effort to resolve since Amazon's left hand doesn't know what its right hand is doing, and the "department head" is probably someone who's never in their life bought a disc.

4. Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Josh Steinberg
    For Disney new releases, almost any other retailer is a better choice. Walmart, Best Buy and Target offer good prices online and either free shipping or free shipping after a certain threshold. If you want to support an indie retailer, same for Bull Moose.

Jake Lipson likes this.
  5. titch

titch Supporting Actor

Kevin Oppegaard
    Trouble is, none of them ship outside the USA. Amazon.com is still one of few American stores that ship overseas without all the hassle of using package forwarding sites. I'm increasingly turning to Amazon.ca for US releases, although prices are generally higher than Amazon.com for many releases.

6. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

7. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    It looks like Fox titles now under Disney are having the same stocking issues as Disney titles with Amazon.

8. Jeffrey D

Jeffrey D Screenwriter

Jeffrey D Hanawalt
    Ridiculous that films from certain video distribution companies aren’t available from Amazon as pre-orders. Knives Out isn’t available either. I hope Wally World will have these titles
    (not sure if they would have Jojo).