What's new

TBS broadcast of Showgirls 12/29/04 (1 Viewer)

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
If there was a way to broadcast this on cable TV, TBS and MGM home video have found it. Apart from the obligatory audio edits and re-cuts to excise language and nudity, MGM/UA has (badly) used CGI to literally paint bras on Gina Gershon and Elizabeth Berkley during major plot scenes that feature nudity. I don't know if this had ever been broadcast before but this is the first I have ever seen it on broadcast/cable.

It may be a guilty pleasure for many of us but this is just embarassing.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I happened to have it on in the background :b so rewound tivo to and checked it out. That is the funniest thing I've seen! :D I'm guessing they used her nipples as 'tracking points' because that bra was bouncing all over the place.

Eddy-C

Supporting Actor
They painted a fake bra on her? yuck, the blurry spots would be better than that.

Mike Slade

Second Unit
I think it's been on VH1 with the cgi bras before. Or I saw it like that on some channel quite awhile back.

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter

You could say that about half the movies they show! :D ("Ace Ventura - When Nature Calls" comes to mind - they totally stripped the rhino scene of its payoff gag)

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Pulp Fiction was pretty bad as well. I couldnt even watch it. Plus the Fool Frame of that is wretched.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
While it's a "Super" Station, TBS is also broadcast here in Atlanta, so I would think that they have some FCC issues to deal with, even if it's strictly available via cable/DSS in your area.

David Fisher

Stunt Coordinator
Why would somebody watch this?

Well, I'm embarassed to admit that I was visiting some friends this week and we turned on the television to flip around for something to watch. Inevitably, we found Showgirls and discovered someone in the room had not seen it. Since there wasn't anything else to watch, we "enjoyed" about 45 minutes. A great time was had by all. (Seems like a bit is removed toward the end of the movie in the scene with Andrew Carver and Molly!)

James T

Screenwriter
I was at a friend's place when I saw this listed on the tv guide channel. It was too bad that my friend didn't get that channel.

I rarely watch tv movies because of stupid edits. As someone already said, what's the point of editing a movie to this degree?

Still, the funniest tv edit I saw was Die Hard on Fox when they got a spanish guy dubbing over Bruce Willis.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Look, I'll admit, I saw this thread and had to watch it; damn, some movies are so terrible that no matter what happens to them, I will laugh. Yes, it's a shame it got altered. No, I didn't see the pool sex scene where Elizabeth Berkley acts like Flipper having a seizure; on the other hand.. it is sport for some good drinking games/etc.. Ie, yell back the line as you know it to be vs. how it's presented.. at this point, in TBS's showing, it's almost sport.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks