What's new

TB871s Speakers Finished (1 Viewer)

Ken Cline

Stunt Coordinator
Just thought I'd post some pics of my finished TangBand 871s speakers. All the hype about these little gems is true. Nice sounding 3" speakers. Great for computer speakers or small HT (with subwoofer of course).

TangBand 871s

Mattak

Stunt Coordinator
Those drivers look a lot like those found in some logitech computer speaker series. Any relation?

Joe Hsu

Supporting Actor
Hey, those are pretty slick...how much did it come out to, per speaker? Also...it looks like you have the necessary tools in the background...would you be willing to explain the construction process and supply the baffles, assuming that I pay you for the materials and your effort? My sister's friend's dad has a garage-full of tools, but I'd only be able to make the cabinet, with my lack of experience...

Thought it'd be a fun quick project, LMK...PM or email's good too :)

Owen Bartley

Second Unit
Those are some beautiful little speakers. I've wanted to do a project with Tangbands for a while now, I just don't have a small room to use em in.

Ken Cline

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks all for the kind words.

Baffle is Padauk with Watco natural oil. Cabinet is 1/2" MDF with truck bed liner paint.

I also did a similar design with one of my other speakers

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
At first i thought the cabinet finish was some kind of leather. The look really reminded me of something from sonus faber!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks