What's new

TB 871s Mini-Rays (1 Viewer)

Ken Cline

Stunt Coordinator
Just finished 2 of the 3 mini line arrays. These will be mainly for HT use. I know 4 drivers don't really consitute a "line array", but space is a concern and I didn't want to fork out more $$$ for more drivers (although I got these for $8.50 each when Nuera was having a sale). I also realize that there are problems with only 4 drivers (phase cancelation and what not, per Jim Griffin's white paper).

Right now, I'm running them straight without a notch filter. I think they do need one though. The midrange is a little too forward for my taste. But other than that they sound rather nice. It would be nice to measure these, but I don't have the equipment.

Here are some pictures http://photos.yahoo.com/ken_cline

-Ken

Ken Cline

Stunt Coordinator
Just finished 2 of the 3 mini line arrays. These will be mainly for HT use. I know 4 drivers don't really consitute a "line array", but space is a concern and I didn't want to fork out more $$$ for more drivers (although I got these for $8.50 each when Nuera was having a sale). I also realize that there are problems with only 4 drivers (phase cancelation and what not, per Jim Griffin's white paper).

Right now, I'm running them straight without a notch filter. I think they do need one though. The midrange is a little too forward for my taste. But other than that they sound rather nice. It would be nice to measure these, but I don't have the equipment.

Here are some pictures http://photos.yahoo.com/ken_cline

-Ken

GrahamT

Supporting Actor
Nice speakers:emoji_thumbsup: I find the 871 a little bright as well but they sound great overall. I like the Audax speakers aswell, nice baffle.

GrahamT

Supporting Actor
Nice speakers:emoji_thumbsup: I find the 871 a little bright as well but they sound great overall. I like the Audax speakers aswell, nice baffle.

Dean-P

Stunt Coordinator
Awesome job on the cabinetry!:emoji_thumbsup:
How did you get such a fine finish?

How do the audax sound? Do they hold their own for bass extension? Is that their surround speaker design?

Dean-P

Stunt Coordinator
Awesome job on the cabinetry!:emoji_thumbsup:
How did you get such a fine finish?

How do the audax sound? Do they hold their own for bass extension? Is that their surround speaker design?

Ken Cline

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks guys

They sound OK. Yes, these are the Audax surrounds. I modified the cabinet (ported) to get better bass extension. It uses the stock Audax crossover.

-Ken

Ken Cline

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks guys

They sound OK. Yes, these are the Audax surrounds. I modified the cabinet (ported) to get better bass extension. It uses the stock Audax crossover.

-Ken

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks