What's new

Taxi (1 Viewer)

Moore Maxx

Stunt Coordinator
Watching episodes of Taxi, one of my favorite tv shows, on the streaming service Pluto. It's on channel 456, more tv sitcoms. I have the dvd complete seried and I've never seen the episodes look this good. They must have been remastered for Pluto. They look like they were shot today.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Watching episodes of Taxi, one of my favorite tv shows, on the streaming service Pluto. It's on channel 456, more tv sitcoms. I have the dvd complete seried and I've never seen the episodes look this good. They must have been remastered for Pluto. They look like they were shot today.

Indeed-- a lot of formerly CBS-owned (now Paramount Global-owned) shows have had an apparently deluxe treatment, including at least two of my all-time favorites (The Untouchables and The Streets of San Francisco).

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I wonder if they will release it on Blu? I haven't bought the DVDs yet. Do the music cuts harm the episodes?

If they're using the DVD versions anymore, which isn't a given considering Cheers had extra music restored for streaming, the cuts only affect seasons 4 and 5, which were the seasons released after CBS took over and got chop happy.

And, they did keep the biggest piece of music from those two years, Stevie Wonder's "You Are The Sunshine".

But it's been a while, so I can't telll you if it harms the episodes or is just a minor annoyance because you know something's missing when they fade in on the end of a performance.

Desslar

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
Indeed-- a lot of formerly CBS-owned (now Paramount Global-owned) shows have had an apparently deluxe treatment, including at least two of my all-time favorites (The Untouchables and The Streets of San Francisco).
Streets of San Francisco on blu ray would be amazing.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Taxi question

Anyone remember what episode when Jim was addicted to watching c-span and he had a dozen TVs set up?

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
CBS/Paramount has been sitting on HD masters for both those shows for over 15 years. I can understand if there is potentially concern about blu-ray sales with classic TV shows, but I wonder what is the holdup that is preventing these from streaming in HD? Could CBS/Paramount be charging too much (wouldn't be surprised), or aren't the smaller streaming platforms that typically show classic TV interested enough in HD yet? It would be nice to see some of these great shows made available in HD sooner than later. Especially, given that the heavy lift of creating the HD masters was done a while ago. One would think these and other shows like The Fugitive and Gunsmoke would at least be made available on Paramount+.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
CBS/Paramount has been sitting on HD masters for both those shows for over 15 years. I can understand if there is potentially concern about blu-ray sales with classic TV shows, but I wonder what is the holdup that is preventing these from streaming in HD? Could CBS/Paramount be charging too much (wouldn't be surprised), or aren't the smaller streaming platforms that typically show classic TV interested enough in HD yet? It would be nice to see some of these great shows made available in HD sooner than later. Especially, given that the heavy lift of creating the HD masters was done a while ago. One would think these and other shows like The Fugitive and Gunsmoke would at least be made available on Paramount+.

That's a great point-- apparently, however, Paramount+ seems to be more interested in the now instead of the heritage.

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
That's a great point-- apparently, however, Paramount+ seems to be more interested in the now instead of the heritage.
They are streaming Perry Mason, Mission Impossible, Hawaii Five-O, I Love Lucy, and Twilight Zone, all in HD, so they are capable. Apparently, some of Gunsmoke as well, but not on the Paramount+ through Amazon Prime (which is what I have). I just wish they would add some others from the same period.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
They are streaming Perry Mason, Mission Impossible, Hawaii Five-O, I Love Lucy, and Twilight Zone, all in HD, so they are capable. Apparently, some of Gunsmoke as well, but not on the Paramount+ through Amazon Prime (which is what I have). I just wish they would add some others from the same period.

Did not see them there (then again, I don't have P+, as my Internet speed isn't the best out here).

greenscreened

Second Unit
Real Name
Bob
Taxi question

Anyone remember what episode when Jim was addicted to watching c-span and he had a dozen TVs set up?

Zen and the Art of Cab Driving - S3~E13

I was curious if the cover version of Billy Joel's Vienna was restored for the Vienna Waits episode S4~E2.
It was not included in the original DVD release.

It was merely some random guy accompanying himself and Nardo on an acoustic guitar, for less than thirty seconds, but it had a funny two-second gag at the end of it, which also helped set the tone for the rest of the episode.
I checked YouTube, and the version there finally had it intact.

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
Taxi question

I remember that episode because of the joke about people from Delaware wanting to be called Delawarites or Delawarians, though there was a small faction who wanted to be called Delaweenies, but they didn't stand a chance.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I remember that episode because of the joke about people from Delaware wanting to be called Delawarites or Delawarians, though there was a small faction who wanted to be called Delaweenies, but they didn't stand a chance.

Yeah and I think A Floridians bit too. Been so long I’m not even sure.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I have the P+ app so no access to it on Prime.

I’ll take a look at the YouTube one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks