What's new

Taxi: A major step backwards in DVD IQ for Fox (1 Viewer)

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
ok,

you're referring to the common opening credits EE phenomenon. Nothing new. Reported this way back with Road To Perdition etc.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
chris, definitely saw this on the credits but, well i dont want to look at this movie again, the statue of liberty(cant remember if it was during or after the credits) was about to cause me a seiser if it was on the screen for a few more seconds.
and the rest of the movie looked bad too.

if anyone remembers how awful human stain was, this was just as bad as that.

oh well. i wish(taxi) it looked decent for me too.
but since the movie itself was such a waste, i'll never have to look at it again.:D

TedD

Supporting Actor
No, it's there on the entire movie. No fine detail anywhere, excessive ringing on all edges, anywhere, anytime in the movie. Ending credits are so soft, that it's hard to make out the individual letters.

Vern

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
I thought the movie was entertaining - hell, who wouldn't want to look at 'em girls?

Now, Forrest Gump has SEVERE EE throughout - that's something to complain about. Ditto for CAST AWAY (compression).

If you have trouble with TAXI, I suggest checking your sharpness settings.

TedD

Supporting Actor
Chris:

I don't have any sharpness settings I need to change. I do know what an excellent transfer looks like. I have transfers like Moulin Rouge or Shark Tale or any one of a number of recent Warner releases. No EE and excellent visible detail.

You wouldn't be in PAL country, would you?

HTPC with NVidia decoders, NVidia 6800GT, VMR9 renderless mode, DVI to a Qualia 004 FPTV at 1080 24PsF on a 5' x 12' screen, viewed from 14'. Calibrated with Displaymate and DVE.

If I see it on my screen, it's on the DVD. If I don't see it on the screen, it's not on the DVD.

Ted.

http://webpages.charter.net/tvdias/

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
TedD, I want to make love to your video display
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

TedD

Supporting Actor
Come to Texas, and I am pretty sure I can at least let you fondle it a little bit. :D

Ted

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
well,

have you tried watching it on a different setup? do a comparison.

I watched Patriot Games on one setup, and saw EE all over. Watched it on another and saw nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisanwiki
Recent bookmarks