What's new

Taxi 1 & 2 on dvd? (1 Viewer)

David Nguyen

Stunt Coordinator
Are there any plans for a Region 1 dvd release of Taxi 1 and 2, produced by Luc Besson? I recently borrowed a Korean all region version of these two movies, and found them pretty entertaining.

Matthew Kiernan

Stunt Coordinator
20th Century Fox currently plans on remaking TAXI for the U.S. market (with Besson participating), so it's likely that the original films will not see an offical U.S. release.

I have the R3 discs myself and agree they are pretty entertaining. (There's also supposed to be a TAXI 3, BTW)

Matt_M

Stunt Coordinator
I did a search and both are out on DVD in Canada. However I cant find any details whether its anamorphic etc. Does anybody know them.
Thanks

R. Kay

Second Unit
I'm only buying the dvd the season when Christopher Lloyd (Jim), joined the cast.

But thats just me.

Enrique B Chamorro

Supporting Actor
Can anyone find a source for the soundtrack from
Taxi 1? It used to be on Amazon's French site,
but I didn't place an order and now I can't find it.
:frowning:

Malcolm Cleugh

Second Unit
I thought the Canadian version only had a French track with no subtitles like the one from France.

Taxi is available in the UK in OAR but is letterboxed and when you zoom for a w/s TV you loose most of the subtitles. These are burnt in the bottom black bar and are non-removable, as you only get a French track. When this was released in the cinemas here the distributor paid for a English dub which was all that was shown near me. This dub only made it to the p/s rental vhs. The w/s VHS and DVD were subtitled French.

Taxi 2 is also available in the UK, this time in anamorphic w/s and is again only French with English subtitles.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks