Tax Cut or Turbo Tax

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MichelleC, Dec 1, 2002.

1. MichelleC

MichelleC Auditioning

Which product is better, H&R Block's Tax Cut or Quicken's Turbo Tax?

2. Brian E

Brian E Screenwriter

I don't really know that one's better than the other. I've used Turbo Tax since about 1990 and used Turbo Tax Online for the last 2 years and never had any problems.

3. Greg*go

Greg*go Supporting Actor

After my accounting teacher made us get used to using Turbo Tax, I've been a strong advocate of that program. At times it almost seems too easy.

4. TerryS

TerryS Agent

To balance out the opinions here, I've used TaxCut for the last 2 years and have found it very easy to use. It only takes me 15 minutes or so to fill out my entire 1040, which includes all the schedules for my 401, mutual funds, etc.

I would say buy whichever one comes with the bundle you prefer. Turbo Tax usually has Quicken free after rebate and Tax Cut has Microsoft Money free after rebate. Since I'm a big fan of MS Money, I go with Tax Cut. Both programs are probably equivalent in the end.

5. Michael*K

Michael*K Screenwriter

I'd recommend Turbo Tax. Very intuitive...guides you through the whole tax filing process in a Q&A format. Very easy to navigate to specific parts of the forms. I have to laugh when I see these "Dummies Guide to Turbo Tax 200x" because the program is so simple to begin with.

6. Brian E

Brian E Screenwriter

I used Turbo Tax when I had a small business and it worked fine for all of the different schedules. Don't know if Tax Cut will, but I would think so.

7. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

i'm not really sure either. i've been able to sucker someone else into doing my taxes ever since i was in high-school. heck...i'm not sure if i've *ever* done my own taxes.
    [​IMG]

8. MichelleC

MichelleC Auditioning

Thank you everyone for your replies. I have used Turbo Tax for the past five years and it is tried and true, but I may venture out and give Tax Cut a try to get the MS Money bundle.

9. Chris

Chris Lead Actor

I've used both, tried both, ended up with darn near same results with both. This year, I will be using Taxcut.. outside of being cheaper, TurboTax now has a required "Activation" process (think WindowsXP) and while I'll put up with it with MS for now (though more of my machine is linux every day) if I can avoid endorsing activation concepts, I will [​IMG]