1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Tau vs. XBR

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by brian__pratt, May 16, 2002.

1. brian__pratt

brian__pratt Agent

i have already purchased the 40" XBR...but it won't be delivered for a few weeks (until i move into my new place)...so i can continue to look for something else (can't hurt, right?) [​IMG]
    i was just at circuit city (shiver...ick), but looked at the Panasonic Tau HD 36" and the picture was very nice. at $1000 less (retail) than the XBR, i have to wonder if i'm just wasting $$$ on the XBR? assuming i can bargain a little on the Tau...is the $1K worth it?

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

You're doing fine with the XBR. The Tau, while a nice set, hasn't earned the raves in the A/V press the 40-inch Sony has. You got a terrific deal on the Sony; you'd be making a serious mistake to back out of it.

3. Todd smith

Todd smith Supporting Actor

I agree with Jack. Go with the XBR.

4. brian__pratt

brian__pratt Agent

[​IMG]
    thanks for the input. [​IMG]
    now to look into a professional tuning...
    one question regarding the tuning done by the certified techs: how long is it good for? i assume they guarantee a length of time or something? just curious.