1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Tascam DA20 value

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by EarleD, Sep 18, 2001.

1. EarleD

EarleD Supporting Actor

Can somebody tell me what a Tascam DA20 DAT deck is worth. It is in mint condition except that it needs a head alignment and head cleaning. probably has 2000 hours on it. I have remote, manual and original box(i think). I want to sell it, just have no idea what its worth. I might even have the sales receipt.
    Thanks
    Earle

2. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Earle, I am not a DAT expert, but I would say that your DA-20 would fetch $300 at most, if you could sell it. The place to try would be eBay. I'd say no more than $300 given the hours on it (assuming you advertised it accurately on eBay as you did here) and the need for a head alignment and cleaning. DAT decks are a tough sell these days. For a point of reference, I sold a Tascam DA-20mkII (newer model than your DA-20) that was only three months old, had about five hours on it, and was in perfect condition operationally and cosmetically, for $450 on eBay several months ago. It's sad because I paid $675 for it brand new (Oade Bros.). I sold it since I didn't have the time to use it. All in all, I really can't complain about getting $450 for it.
    ------------------
    My:
    HT Pics ; Equipment List ; DVD Collection ; LD Collection
    KeithH: Saving the Home Theater World Before Bedtime