Tascam DA20 value

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by EarleD, Sep 18, 2001.

1. EarleD

EarleD Supporting Actor

Aug 27, 2000
    Can somebody tell me what a Tascam DA20 DAT deck is worth. It is in mint condition except that it needs a head alignment and head cleaning. probably has 2000 hours on it. I have remote, manual and original box(i think). I want to sell it, just have no idea what its worth. I might even have the sales receipt.
  2. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Mar 28, 2000
    Earle, I am not a DAT expert, but I would say that your DA-20 would fetch $300 at most, if you could sell it. The place to try would be eBay. I'd say no more than $300 given the hours on it (assuming you advertised it accurately on eBay as you did here) and the need for a head alignment and cleaning. DAT decks are a tough sell these days. For a point of reference, I sold a Tascam DA-20mkII (newer model than your DA-20) that was only three months old, had about five hours on it, and was in perfect condition operationally and cosmetically, for $450 on eBay several months ago. It's sad because I paid $675 for it brand new (Oade Bros.). I sold it since I didn't have the time to use it. All in all, I really can't complain about getting $450 for it.
    HT Pics ; Equipment List ; DVD Collection ; LD Collection
    KeithH: Saving the Home Theater World Before Bedtime