What's new

Tarzan, Lord of the Jungle - Warner Press Release Announces 'The Complete Season 1' DVDs! (1 Viewer)

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I have been watching some of these episodes. What I remember most clearly from my childhood about the animation is the shot of Tarzan where he is standing looking straight ahead and then he turns and runs off screen. His movement when he turns always looked so human to me I wondered if they had filmed a man turning and running and then traced it frame by frame. (The shot I am talking about can be seen in several episodes, one being near the beginning of episode 2 concerning the Vikings, right after Tarzan asks "What is a Viking ship doing in our jungle?"

I also remember the music. The music to all these animated shows, whether it be Star Trek or Planet of the Apes, sticks very firmly in my mind from the time I was very young.

Here's hoping for season two.

rorschach72

Auditioning
Real Name
Bryan
His movement when he turns always looked so human to me I wondered if they had filmed a man turning and running and then traced it frame by frame.

Filmation used rotoscoping quite frequently; mostly for the shots in which Tarzan was running, swimming, or swinging on vines. I always assumed they used footage from the old Tarzan serials.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Filmation used rotoscoping quite frequently; mostly for the shots in which Tarzan was running, swimming, or swinging on vines. I always assumed they used footage from the old Tarzan serials.
Even as a kid I suspected it, long before I knew about rotoscoping light sabers, etc. But I don't recall noticing it in STAR TREK or APES. Just that specific shot in Tarzan. When I saw it, it took me back forty years in about half a second. Thanks!

Last edited:

Wvtvguy

Second Unit
Real Name
Marc
This was a favorite of mine as a kid. I remember the smooth animation very well. I watched the Super Friends earlier in the day & seeing Tarzan made me shake my head. I also remember the music. A better than average 70's cartoon in my book. Really well done.

dbutler69

Auditioning
Real Name
David
No idea when the next volume will come out, but I hope it's tomorrow! I even emailed Warner Bros. Home Entertainment to request it, for all the good that will do.

mark27b

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Pledger
Anybody know when the next volume will come out?

James

It depends whether it was a quick kid's check-out queue cash-in on The Legend of Tarzan movie with Alexander Skarsgård and Margot Robbie that came out a month after this DVD was released or a planned release of the whole series

Wvtvguy

Second Unit
Real Name
Marc
I’ll have to finally buy this. I pulled up an episode online (shoddy quality) and watched it. It brought back such good memories! Just hearing the music gave me such a warm feeling. I remember going to the beach and swinging on a pole at the pool. The whole time I had that music in my head! On of my favorite cartoons!

Honestly, what I watched held up pretty well. Lots of repetitive animations but still a nice looking 70’s cartoon. Did notice Tarzan throw his head back & laugh once and it looked the same as He Man & Ming the Merciless.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
I’ll have to finally buy this. I pulled up an episode online (shoddy quality) and watched it. It brought back such good memories! Just hearing the music gave me such a warm feeling. I remember going to the beach and swinging on a pole at the pool. The whole time I had that music in my head! On of my favorite cartoons!

Honestly, what I watched held up pretty well. Lots of repetitive animations but still a nice looking 70’s cartoon. Did notice Tarzan throw his head back & laugh once and it looked the same as He Man & Ming the Merciless.
Now, that you mention it. There was a similarity.
--jthree

Wvtvguy

Second Unit
Real Name
Marc
A4E6D553-5A93-4349-BA9D-A7976B392A34.gif
04A3144F-C27A-49FA-B27B-FACC7E3FE952.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members