What's new

Tarzan, Lord of the Jungle - Warner Press Release Announces 'The Complete Season 1' DVDs! (2 Viewers)

mark27b

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark Pledger
It looks nothing like the character on the front cover as this animation cell shows

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Tarzan-Lord-Jungle-Season-1-Press-Release/22166

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Tarzan LOTJ 1.JPEG

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Unleashes The Untamed Jungle In The 1970's Cartoon Classic

Tarzan, Lord Of The Jungle:

Complete Season One

All 16 Episodes From Season 1 in a 2-Disc Collection Set

Swinging onto DVD for the first time June 14, 2016

BURBANK, CA (April 11, 2016) – Just in time for Father's Day and the theatrical release, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment will release the long awaited animated series that aired when Saturday MorningCartoons reigned supreme. Available on DVD on June 14, 2016, Tarzan, Lord Of The Jungle: Complete Season One was created by the Filmation Studio for CBS and follows the animated adventures of Edgar Rice Burroughs' ape man from the 1970's. The two-disc collectors setincludes all 16 episodes from the series’ first season, and is priced to own at $19.98 SRP. The DVD has an order due date of May 3, 2016.

As the opening narration explains: "The jungle: Here I was born; and here my parents died when I was but an infant. I would have soon perished, too, had I not been found by a kindly she-ape named Kala, who adopted me as her own and taught me the ways of the wild. I learned quickly, and grew stronger each day, and now I share the friendship and trust of all jungle animals. The jungle is filled with beauty, and danger; and lost cities filled with good, and evil. This is my domain, and I protect those who come here; for I am Tarzan, Lord of the Jungle!"

“Tarzan, Lord Of The Jungle was animated the old fashion way, with many hours of hand drawn stills," said Mary Ellen Thomas, Vice President Family & Animation Marketing and Partner Brands. "They don't make animation like this anymore, and we are really proud to be releasing this timeless classic just in time for the July release of Tarzan in theaters."

16 22-MINUTE EPISODES:

1. Tarzan and the City of Gold

2. Tarzan and the Vikings

3. Tarzan and the Golden Lion

4. Tarzan and the Forbidden City

5. Tarzan and the Graveyard of the Elephants

6. Tarzan's Return to the City of Gold

7. Tarzan and the Strange Visitors

8. Tarzan and the Land of the Giants

9. Tarzan and the Knights of Nimmr

10.Tarzan's Rival

11.Tarzan and the City of Sorcery

12.Tarzan at the Earth's Core

13.Tarzan and the Ice Creature

14.Tarzan and the Olympiads

15.Tarzan's Trial

16.Tarzan, the Hated

BASICS

Street Date: June 14, 2016

Order Due Date: May 3, 2016

Total Running Time: Approx 352 minutes

Price: $19.98 SRP

Catalog #: 1000591278

UPC: 883929531493

rorschach72

Auditioning
Real Name
Bryan
The box art makes me NOT want to buy it. I had no idea what it was until I saw the other cel.
The cover is terrible, but I can't wait to get this! I do wish, though, that they would have released the complete series instead of just the first season.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Glad to see this coming but surprised it is not coming from Warner Archer like we have always expected. Agree on the bad cover Art. Looks like a typical bargain cover of WHV animated releases vs. the much better and more collectible cover art of the WA animated releases.

rorschach72

Auditioning
Real Name
Bryan
What is so bad about the cover art? It's got Tarzan in the foreground and a temple in the background. The recent WA animation releases have had much more bare bones cover art.
If I saw this on a store shelf, I wouldn't even give it a second glance as I walked on by, even though this was one of my favorite cartoons growing up. It looks like the cover some fly-by-night video company would give to a compilation of public domain Tarzan shorts. They could have at least used a screen capture of the cartoon to make it look like it's the 1970's Filmation Tarzan that you're getting.

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Not impressive, but the cover looks good enough. Sort of like Filmation animation, not great like Disney or classic Warner, but good enough. I'd love it if they re-used this cover image for all future season releases - a fitting tribute to Filmation's frequent re-use of animation. :)

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
It usually helps to use a picture from the show that you are releasing. This looks nothing like the Filmation Tarzan. It looks like a newer Tarzan cartoon from the 90's or later. I agree if I saw this on the shelf I would never pick it up because I would assume this is a newer Tarzan cartoon and not the Filmation Tarzan. WHV is always clueless about how to release their classic animation. Look at their Scooby Doo releases. They just keep repackaging stuff to keep using new modern looking covers. Which is their selling point to get kids to ask their parents for it while shopping at Target or Walmart. This Tarzan cover looks modern for the same reasons. WHV does not know who their real market is for classic animation which is the fans who grew up with the shows. Warner Archive gets it.

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
Good or bad cover art, I'm still buying this cartoon that I've waited so long for on the first day of its release!

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
What is so bad about the cover art? It's got Tarzan in the foreground and a temple in the background. The recent WA animation releases have had much more bare bones cover art.
Speaking for myself, I had no idea what the series was because the image of Tarzan didn't evoke the nostalgia in me that seeing the actual character as drawn in the series would. This is a nostalgia buy for me, and if this forum hadn't set me straight about what this series actually was, I never would have picked it up. After so many years, sometimes the title of a show like this is not enough. I need to see a nostalgic image to seal the deal. This box fails to do that, at least for me.

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
i remember this. At one time didn't CBS team this up with The Lone Ranger cartoon? I think they called it "The Lone Ranger and Tarzan hour" or something like that.

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant
WHV is always clueless about how to release their classic animation. Look at their Scooby Doo releases. They just keep repackaging stuff to keep using new modern looking covers. Which is their selling point to get kids to ask their parents for it while shopping at Target or Walmart.

Agreed.

Many of the Warner Archive releases have this issue. Some of the Superfriends sets
are particularly bad, they look nothing like the original animation.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Agreed.

Many of the Warner Archive releases have this issue. Some of the Superfriends sets
are particularly bad, they look nothing like the original animation.

Superfirfiends are WHV not Warner Archive. The Warner Archive releases use a cell from the actual show. That was my point WHV is clueless on how to release classic animation but this Tarzan cover is the worst I have ever seen from them. Even the animals are clearly from another show. I may wait until this is released to make sure this really is the filmation show as it really looks like a newer Tarzan show. Press releases have been mistaken before.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
i remember this. At one time didn't CBS team this up with The Lone Ranger cartoon? I think they called it "The Lone Ranger and Tarzan hour" or something like that.
Yes. Classic media owns The Lone Ranger along with most of the Filmation library. BCI released most of the Lone Ranger shows in some OOP sets. There's still a single disk classic media set you can get. WHV owns Tarzan due to it's control over the character.

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
Yes. Classic media owns The Lone Ranger along with most of the Filmation library. BCI released most of the Lone Ranger shows in some OOP sets. There's still a single disk classic media set you can get. WHV owns Tarzan due to it's control over the character.

I would love to see a complete series release of all 28 episodes of The Lone Ranger that ran from 1980-1982 and also a complete series release of all 26 episodes of The Lone Ranger that ran from 1966-1969.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I would love to see a complete series release of all 28 episodes of The Lone Ranger that ran from 1980-1982 and also a complete series release of all 26 episodes of The Lone Ranger that ran from 1966-1969.
The Filmation Lone Ranger 1980-1982 was released by BCI a few years back on 2 volumes which included Zorro I have both. But I believe they are out of print now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StreetPreacher
Recent bookmarks