What's new

Tarzan & Jane dvd (1 Viewer)

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Second, I hate the DTV term being used to describe this release, not only here, but even in Disney's promotions. The only thing that makes this a DTV release is the short story.
Although the various segments appeared elsewhere, the whole package exists only as Tarzan & Jane. That means the DTV moniker is correct, as the assembly is a DTV product...

Erwin

Stunt Coordinator
This is my post from a related thread:
I have purchased several Disney DVDs (31 total). I have actually like most of their sequel-direct-to-DVD-movies. I know when we see a direct to DVD sequel, we know it's not going to be as good. Well, for Tarzan & Jane, you may have to set your standards much lower; to put it bluntly, it's lame. I thought The Little Mermaid II, Lion King II, Lady & The Tramp II were all decent sequels. The songs were a little tacky in LT II, but still, it was a good DVD- IMHO. The one thing I think that really hurts T&J is the animation and the voices. Lion King II and The Little Mermaid II were able to bring the same cast which made it seem more like a true sequel. The introduction to this movie is very tacky- they play the intro for just a few seconds and BAM...the characters start talking and giggling (nothing like how dramatic the first Tarzan was). Plus, this is not a full length movie. It is three tinystories episodes told by the characters. It feels very cheap. The colors look good, but the detail is not there and it looks even worse when the characters talk. I have seen a review where someone stated something like, "not great, but your kids will love it". My 3 year old daughter doesn't even like it and she will usually watch a new Disney DVD several times before she grows tired of it. Not T&J though, she left during most of the movie and me and my wife found ourselves watching it alone. My neices are 11 and 8, they could stand the DVD either.

I know, I have been informed that it was not a sequel, but it's still a lame DVD.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
What disappointed me the most was that none of the original stars did the voices in the film. There is nothing worse than watching a "sequel" and hearing imitations of the real stars' voices.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Hopefully the Lilo and Stitch DTV sequel will be better. As much as I enjoyed that film, I couldn't help but buy the sequel, and I would hope it wouldn't taint the film.

Erwin

Stunt Coordinator
While it has been noted that it's not a an "official" sequel. I would say that atleast 98% of the people out there think that it is an actual sequel. This DVD may have ruined the chances of "Tarzan 2" being a successful DVD.

Daniel J

Stunt Coordinator
John, which Lilo & Stitch sequel are you referring to? I've heard nothing...

And yes, Tarzan & Jane sucks bloated... errr... coconuts...

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
There have been news items about an upcoming Lilo and Stitch animated series (2003) to be preceeded by a direct-to-video sequel that sets up the series.

There is neither a release date nor a title.

GaryEA

Second Unit
I just got the disc from a friend who didn't care for it. Unfortunately, he managed to lose the case.

Would someone be interested in scannning the cover insert at 300 dpi for me? If so, you can get in touch with me at "[email protected]".

Thanks in advance for your help!

Gary

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks