What's new

Tarzan: CE Pixilation Problem (1 Viewer)

Brandon_S

Second Unit
Last night I watched my Tarzan: CE DVD for the first time in a year. This is one of my favorite Disney movies and the CE is really outstanding.

The first half of the movie played flawlessly. However, about halfway through the movie started to break-up. Audio dropped out and digital pixilation appeared on the screen. I immediately removed the disc and examined the surface. Everything looked fine. I am very careful with my movies and there were no scratches of any kind on the surface.

I am afraid this might be related to the second layer somehow coming unglued. While I can see no physical evidence of this, it is strange that the problem occurs only during the second half of the movie.

Has anyone had any luck getting Disney to replace problem DVDs? The Tarzan: CE is OOP and costs quite a bit on Ebay these days.

Hopefully I won't find more DVDs in my collection that suffer a similar fate :frowning:.

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor
Yes, their warranty policy is outstanding. I had about 40 Disney dvds that I was able to recover from the rubble that was my house after Hurricane Charley. I called them and they gave me an address in Wisconsin to ship them to and all would be replaced for $6.95 apiece. They tested each disc though and in the case of about half of them the cases were only damaged and they reimbursed me $5.95 each for those as they only charged $1 to replace the case (with inserts & all). It was very quick and they even replaced all of my OOP ones. Unfortunately my Tarzan CE was totally lost and without the case and disc to return (in any condition) you can't get them replaced. They were really great though & I'd recommend sending it back to them for replacement.

Brandon_S

Second Unit
Justin and Bill,

Thanks for the insight! I have had a few companies let me down on the customer service side lately (Dell especially), so it is glad to see that Disney is really good about replacing defective products. I will contact them as soon as I get home from work!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks