What's new

International Tarkovsky's Stalker (1979) blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
Stalker is one of my favorite films from Andrei Tarkovsky and had the Image/Ruscico dvd for many years with a ok print of the film and I know there were production problems and also he had to reshoot the beginning of the film because the film lab ruined the negative. Was hoping the new region 2 Blu-ray from Artificial Eye would be a big improvement but looking at the reviews from DVD Beaver and Blu-ray.com the image looks too dark and flat. Some nice extras on it so if it's on sale I might get it or hope Criterion might get the rights since they have released 3 of his other films.

Last edited:

Ernest

Supporting Actor
Yes the image is dark but not in a negative way Andrei had a very unique way of shooting his movies. This is an excellent movie about a future world with scenes in the "zone" shot in color. The rest of the movie is shot in black and white. The Blu-ray is Region B with the audio in Russian with excellent English subtitles, the format is 1:33 x 1. Be warned there are black pillar bars supporting the 1:33 format. The Blu-ray comes with a 20 page booklet explaining the history behind the Stalker as well as other detail about Andrei and the movies he made. I have most of Andrei's movies in Blu-ray and they all have a similar look.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks