What's new

Target; The Corruptors - 1961-62 (1 Viewer)

Pathfiner

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeff
Here in the UK the vintage 'Talking Pictures' channel are rerunning the 1961-62 one season show 'Target; The Corruptors' Starring Stephen McNally & Harold J. Stone

checking on wiki I see this was a Dick Powell 'Four Star' show lasting one season of 35 episodes with alot of decent guest stars including;
David Janssen, Robert Vaughn, Peter Falk, Robert Culp, Jack Klugman, Vic Morrow, William Conrad - all of whom had their own starring TV series !

Directors included Don Medford and William Conrad

I can't see it has been released on DVD at all so does anyone remember this show and is it worth watching ?

- I assume so going by the cast alone !

rjd0309

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
As a fan of The Fugitive, I was interested enough in Janssen's early work to ask a Brit friend of mine to record Janssen's episode of Target: The Corruptors (aired by Talking Pictures on 14 Dec 2017).

The picture quality was excellent. I assume that Talking Pictures takes the syndicated videotapes and transfers them to a modern digital format for broadcast. As this series wasn't endlessly re-run, the tapes seem to be in very good condition.

The show is about a pair of newspaper reporters exposing corruption. But I felt that the lead actors were bland. Parhaps with someone like Telly Savalas in the lead, the show could have been more interesting to watch.

rjd0309

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
Good show. Can anyone record this???

As of January 1st, they're about halfway through broadcasting the season's 35 eps. http://talkingpicturestv.co.uk/schedule/

I can ask my friend - who recorded Janssen's episode - if he wouldn't mind recording the upcoming eps. Hopefully, TPTV will re-run the first half of the season again, and he can grab those eps, too.

Silverking

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris Street
I think this is the 3rd or 4th time they have run it. Recorded it all last time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks