What's new

TARGET Buy 2, Get 1 Free on Movies, Video Games, Board Games, Books -- June 11th - June 17th (1 Viewer)

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
FWIW, you might also have a new Target Circle Bonus offer that could be used toward this.

I actually got one that just required a single $70-plus order, and simply bought a $100 Apple/iTunes GC to also get a $10 bonus Target GC -- yes, that's also an occasionally recurring offer happening this week. And then, I used the quickly earned Target bonus reward plus $10 GC from that toward my actual B1G1@50off order, heh.

I was originally considering a bigger order to get to that $70-plus, but settled on just a couple Arrow BDs of some old HK flix (Knockabout and Lady Whirlwind/Hapkido) plus Pig BD (to get to the minimum order for free shipping) instead since the deal isn't quite that great otherwise -- I probably woulda gone for High Noon 4K and Natural Born Killers 4K on top of the Arrow BDs, but High Noon should likely be a bit cheaper in a Kino sale some time later this year (plus Kino apparently only offers complimentary defective replacements on discs bought directly from them) and I'm not in any rush to get it, so...

_Man_

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Tried to take advantage of this at a Target store last week and ended up buying nothing. I chose four titles off the shelf then got to the register and it wasn't ringing up correctly, so I told the cashier I didn't want any of them. Apparently one or two of the titles I chose were not part of the deal, but there was no way to know this based on the signage in the store that did not indicate which were excluded.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I've never tried the deal in store - but online *all* titles sold by Target are typically included and if they're in stock locally you can do a store pickup.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I've never tried the deal in store - but online *all* titles sold by Target are typically included and if they're in stock locally you can do a store pickup.
I checked online when I got home and apparently Godzilla x Kong was the title that was excluded. Not sure how one is supposed to know this in-store.

Last edited:

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I checked online when I got home and apparently Godzilla x Kong was the title that was excluded. Not sure how one is supposed to know this in-store.
That is odd... You'd think they'd have some indicator on the register during checkout. The more curious part is why that one title was excluded. I've only seen "Sold by Target" titles excluded when they're pre-orders and pre-orders are often included early in those sales. The Three Stooges BR collection pre-order was included the entire time with that sale.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
July 7- July 13, 2024

Buy 2, Get 1 Free (pay for 2, get 3rd Free) -- Books•Movies•Video Games•Board Games•Puzzles•Activities

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
That is odd... You'd think they'd have some indicator on the register during checkout. The more curious part is why that one title was excluded. I've only seen "Sold by Target" titles excluded when they're pre-orders and pre-orders are often included early in those sales. The Three Stooges BR collection pre-order was included the entire time with that sale.
Many titles aren't eligible when they're released the week before or week of the sale, as Godzilla/Kong was at the time of the last sale.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Just placed my order right after they restored some stock for High Noon 4K, which is only ~$21.50 before applying the offer (so only ~$14.50 or so fully discounted), and Gunfight at the OK Corral 4K (discounted to slightly under Kino's own sale price) in my order of 9 titles that also get me to my Target Circle Bonus for this week -- they seem to recognize nowadays that it works best for them to line up their Bonus offer w/ such sales at least for specific customers who shop them...

Almost ended up buying some reasonably discounted chips/snacks and/or a discounted Vudu GC to fill up the order for that Bonus if a couple wanted titles didn't return in stock soon-ish.

So after this ships, I should have $15 in rewards I could probably still use for those snacks and what not, heh...

Now, back to figuring out what I actually still wanna order from that Kino sale, LOL, as only High Noon 4K and Gunfight 4K (and oh, Nostalghia 4K) just got eliminated from that potential order... :D:cool:

_Man_

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Info was provided earlier in thread, so I deleted my post.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hoense
Recent bookmarks