Target B2G1 Free DVD/BR Sale

Scott Merryfield

Executive Producer
Reaction score
I have received 11 of the 12 titles I ordered from the sale, with the last one scheduled to arrive today. All have been in excellent condition. All the Star Wars UHDs came with slip covers, except for Rogue One and The Force Awakens. I am not particular about those things so it's not a big deal to me, but thought it odd that seven of the nine so far had covers.

BobO'Link

Lead Actor
Reaction score
Real Name
Howie
I received 2 more titles today, both in excellent condition. So far, no issues at all with Target (and none in the past). The last 2 are pre-orders and don't see release until June. I'm considering one more order before the sale ends as a couple of titles I wanted came back in stock since the last sale and I just noticed this yesterday.

JohnRice

Executive Producer
Reaction score
Website
www.theteatable.com
Real Name
John
All the Star Wars UHDs came with slip covers, except for Rogue One and The Force Awakens. I am not particular about those things so it's not a big deal to me, but thought it odd that seven of the nine so far had covers.
That's weird. I got both of those from Amazon this week in their 3 for 2 sale, and they have slip covers.

Scott Merryfield

Executive Producer
Reaction score
That's weird. I got both of those from Amazon this week in their 3 for 2 sale, and they have slip covers.
I just received Solo today from Target, and it didn't come with a slip cover either. As I said, it's not a big deal, but just thought it was odd that I received 7 of the Star Wars titles with slip covers and 3 without.

JohnRice

Executive Producer
Reaction score
Website
www.theteatable.com
Real Name
John
Fine... I broke down and got the original trilogy. I already got the final trilogy, Solo and Rogue One this week. I simply am not paying $60 for the middle trilogy to get three mediocre movies with bad transfers on top.

Robert Crawford

Reaction score
Real Name
Robert
Fine... I broke down and got the original trilogy. I already got the final trilogy, Solo and Rogue One this week. I simply am not paying $60 for the middle trilogy to get three mediocre movies with bad transfers on top.
I wouldn't say they're bad transfers, but they don't look as good as the last three movies nor Rogue One or Solo.

Reactions: TravisR

Robert Crawford

Reaction score
Real Name
Robert
I’m just going by Blu-Ray.com. If the movies were decent or maybe if the transfers were stellar... then maybe.
That's your first mistake.;) Seriously, how you spend your money is your business. All of the Star Wars movies are must buys for me as I'm on the 16th hole of life.

Robert Crawford

Reaction score
Real Name
Robert
Enough said, moving on. Regarding other titles, I just couldn't pull the trigger on that Columbia Classic 4K set. I think I'll wait on that set to see what the pricing might be come Christmas time.

BobO'Link

Lead Actor
Reaction score
Real Name
Howie
That's your first mistake.;) Seriously, how you spend your money is your business. All of the Star Wars movies are must buys for me as I'm on the 16th hole of life.
I broke down and purchased the first 6 on BR a couple of months back. Got a great deal on a used copy of "The Complete Saga (I-IV" (IIRC the last Fox release of those titles so they don't have the Disney modifications) and figured that's good enough until (yeah... still hoping) the Theatrical Editions of the OT gets a BR release. I'd already purchased the others, on sale for ~$10 each, shortly after they came out (with the last a membership fulfillment from DMC). I'm primarily a fan of the OT but, like you, figured life's too short so just got them. I'm currently, slowly, watching them in a somewhat revised order and, surprise, enjoyed Solo and Rogue One far more than the last time I watched them.

I got in one more order before the sale ended. The final 2 seasons of Laugh-In were calling my name. With judicial selection of a 3rd title got them for ~$19.50 each (tax included). I've not seen those seasons that cheap before and now that I've finally bought them that'll be the everyday price. :)

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
claytonthsn