Tara Labs Interconnects

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Vince Chan, Jan 19, 2002.

1. Vince Chan

Vince Chan Stunt Coordinator

I'm considering upgrading my low-end AudioStream A-400 interconnects between my pre-amp and Active/40's to something like the Tara Labs Prism 5500i or the RSC Axiom interconnects.. has anyone here had positive or negative experiences with these cables?

2. Mike_Ch

Mike_Ch Stunt Coordinator

Vince, I've got the Tara Labs Prism 550i's hooked up between my 3-channel Rotel RB-993 power amp and the Denon 2801 receiver I'm currently using as a pre/pro. I haven't really used many interconnects, but compared to some budget Monster ones i've got hooked up to the vcr, there is more apparent detail and the soundstage is better defined, and treble is also clearer. The differences are not that dramatic, but of course the interconnects weren't really that expensive either compared to something like Tara's higher-end cables, and the Denon isn't really that good a pre. When I get my separate 2 channel pre-amp and cd player, I think I'll experiment with some more expensive interconnects, but as for the Audiostream's Vs. Tara Labs, I'm sure you will notice some improvement. Plus, these new 550i's are very nicely constructed with nice, tight phono plugs. Best to try before you buy though on your own equipment [​IMG]
    Hope this helps,
    Mike