What's new

Tannoy ST-50 Supertweeter (1 Viewer)

JohnBAIL

Grip
Does anyone have any experience with the Tannoy ST-50 supertweeter? It acts as an add-an to existing speakers and have had very good reviews.

I'm considering getting a pair to upgrade my Energy C-7 speakers. Any thoughts?

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
The topic of transducers with the capability of going beyond your usual 20K was discussed here recently. Draw your own conclusions.

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
John

Years ago, some speaker maker came out with an add-on super tweeter. As I recall, it had as many as 4 tweeters. It was advertised by saying it improved dispersion greatly, and added the really highest frequencies.

As soon as I fired them up, I was somewhat disappointed. The added dispersion may have been important if I had 4 different listening positions, but alas, I only had one. Any extension in the upper frequencies was barely noticable. Back they went.

I'm willing to risk putting my foot in my mouth, but I think most of what we perceive as treble is in the 4,000 Hz to 10,000 Hz range.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
If it is "add on", does that mean it has it's own built in crossover? How do you wire it in? Your C-7s are already on the bright side (to me), you want to add to that?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks