What's new

Tangband 871 surround speakers (1 Viewer)

AndyF

Agent
After many months of lurking and asking newbie questions of various folks, I've finally made my surround speakers.

They are switchable between dipole and bipole and based on two Tangband 871 drivers. Each driver has it's own chamber and each chamber volume is based on the specs from Creative Sound Solutions (http://www.creativesound.ca)

If you can ignore the warning message, I have a picture of them here:

https://farrior.dyndns.org/ht/TB

(give it a minute, my upload bandwidth is only 128Kbps...)

Many thanks to Tim Forman and Wes Nance as well as Hank and Brian of course.

Tim - You're right. This is therapy.

Andy

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
Andy, good job! Why not wire a switch into the circuit and moung it on the terminal cup so you won't have to take the cup out to change the electrical configuration?

And yes, you are now and forever HOOKED.;)

AndyF

Agent
I thought about installing a switch, but I couldn't find a DPDT toggle switch that was short enough. (If I mount the switch in the wood, then the length of the switch handle could be a problem. If I could squeeze it into the terminal cup, then the throw distance could be a problem. With my luck it would hit the side of the cup without making contact.)

I only have 1/2" of clearance in the back; so, the switch handle needs to be shorter than that. (The space was supposed to be 3/4"; however, I mismeasured the cut for the baffle on the table saw and made the baffle a little too narrow.)

I'm using the 2" terminal cups from Creative Sound; so, I'm not sure I have enough room to install the switch inside the terminal cup.

If I had larger terminal cups, I could easily mount the switch in the open space of the cup above the binding posts.

I'm not sure how to enlarge my existing hole for a larger terminal cup. Any ideas?

I'm really, really enjoying these!!!

Thanks.
Andy

Bryan Michael

Supporting Actor
man i see my next project. i think i will try that with the av1 with 2 of them per suround. that is after i finish my post mix

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks