What's new

Tammy TV Series (1 Viewer)

Does anyone know about a possible Region 1 release by Universal for the Tammy TV Series?

• Yes.

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Not sure or no.

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Amazing that that release got by me . I guess it was instantaneously deleted .
Same with me. I have to believe there was a set out at that time. I saw a picture of it while doing an online search. Please see where I found it earlier in this thread.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Same with me. I have to believe there was a set out at that time. I saw a picture of it while doing an online search. Please see where I found it earlier in this thread.
You state that Universal released it , but the link you supply is for Thomas Film Classics , I've bought quite a few releases from them, and they are all DVD-r format , and not official releases . Many have generic sleeve art. If the Thomas release is what you are referring to, it's not an official release , and most likely copied from the German release.

Purple Wig

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alan
You state that Universal released it , but the link you supply is for Thomas Film Classics , I've bought quite a few releases from them, and they are all DVD-r format , and not official releases . Many have generic sleeve art. If the Thomas release is what you are referring to, it's not an official release , and most likely copied from the German release.

It's not unheard of for unauthorized releases to slap a company logo on to avoid scrutiny, either.

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
I didn't put up the link for the Thomas Film Classics. Someone else did. The release I was referring to was from a picture I saw online when I searched for the TV series. It was from Universal and I believe it came out possibly 8 years ago, but is no longer in print. The German edition in Region 2 can still be found for sale on ebay and Amazon.

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
I never knew there was a region 1 version. Who released it ?

I’m sorry, I don’t know what pictures the OP has seen, but there has NEVER been a official studio Region 1 release of this series. If there had been, no matter how limited, it would have been posted about here and on other online sites. No TV series on DVD, no matter what era, would so completely disappear from view that Google couldn’t unearth evidence of it somewhere.

As others have said, a proper retail DVD set of the series was produced and released twice in two different incarnations in Region 2, Germany. Any Region 1 releases are likely unauthorized copies of the German sets.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
For crying out loud, Amazon sells a DVD player for under $30 which includes the instructions for hacking the region code and making it region free to play all DVDs. It takes all of 30 seconds and the IQ of a third grader to do. And people are still worrying about something only being available overseas. I think I might put this ahead of even the closing studio logo fanatics as silliest debates on HTF.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
older
For crying out loud, Amazon sells a DVD player for under $30 which includes the instructions for hacking the region code and making it region free to play all DVDs. It takes all of 30 seconds and the IQ of a third grader to do. And people are still worrying about something only being available overseas. I think I might put this ahead of even the closing studio logo fanatics as silliest debates on HTF.
I agree. I have the German version, and I wish we'd get more US shows of this quality via foriegn releases.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Professor Echo
I’m sorry, I don’t know what pictures the OP has seen, but there has NEVER been a official studio Region 1 release of this series. If there had been, no matter how limited, it would have been posted about here and on other online sites. No TV series on DVD, no matter what era, would so completely disappear from view that Google couldn’t unearth evidence of it somewhere.

As others have said, a proper retail DVD set of the series was produced and released twice in two different incarnations in Region 2, Germany. Any Region 1 releases are likely unauthorized copies of the German sets.
Professor Echo, I agree . I don't think there has been a US release of Tammy other than the Nostalgia Merchant release which is most likely copied from the German release.

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy

You are probably right about this. It's possible the picture I saw could have been a Region 2 release in English text on the case instead of German. I also would have noticed this years ago if an official Region 1 had been out even though at the time I wasn't looking for the show.

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Professor Echo

Professor Echo, I agree . I don't think there has been a US release of Tammy other than the Nostalgia Merchant release which is most likely copied from the German release.
Yes. I believe that edition and others being sold are copies from that.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Yes. I believe that edition and others being sold are copies from that.
If it's any help, I checked my German copy , and it shows the Universal, logo on the lower right corner of the front cover . Is this possibly what you originally saw ?

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
If it's any help, I checked my German copy , and it shows the Universal, logo on the lower right corner of the front cover . Is this possibly what you originally saw ?
I saw ones for both a German set and one that also had the case in English text.

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
It also said Complete Series-Limited Edition on the case-the one in English text.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks