What's new

Tall HDTV stand? (1 Viewer)

jason bergman

Auditioning
Hi all,

I'm a total newbie here, so I apologize if this has been answered long ago...

I'm going to be moving in a few months, and I'm either going to buy a new HDTV or moving my existing (non-HD) 27" Wega with me. That rack's worked out pretty well, but it's kinda ugly, and looks like it belongs in a kitchen than a home theater setup.

Anyway, I'm currently using a restaurant-supply rack to hold my television, as it's really very heavy, and I like to have a nice high viewing angle (I'm tall, have a reasonably tall table).

I can't afford a wall-mountable HDTV, so I'm looking at the Sony 34XBR960, which is even heavier than my current television, and I'd like to find a stand that's pretty tall, can hold at least three (ideally four or more) components, and can hold that much weight (~200 pounds).

Does anyone know where I should look for something like this?

Oh, and because of the apartment, wall units aren't practical. I really need a stand for this to work.

Thanks in advance,
-jason

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
How tall are we talking here?

200lbs is a pretty hefty TV. But, the weight is pretty evenly distributed so, I would think most quality pieces of furniture would be able to do the job. I'm talking plywood at the very least here... something preferably with a shelf divider/support in the center. Stay away from particle-board.

Since screen height is an issue, and you'd ultimately like to mount the thing on the wall.. have you considered a front projection system? You're right in the ballpark for a projector, price-wise. Then you could mount a big-assed screen as high as you want and ditch the kitchen rack all together.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks