Talking Heads box sets

Discussion in 'Music' started by Robert Burkes, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Robert Burkes

Robert Burkes Second Unit

Sooo...there are two Talking Heads box sets that have been released very recently. First came "Once in a Lifetime," a three CD, one DVD set that contains some rarities. Then came the White Brick DualDisc set, containing all the studio albums with some rarities and video content. I've always wanted to get introduced to the Talking Heads. I haven't heard much, but what I've heard, I loved. I'm thinking I should get the White Brick, but I've recently run across a copy of "Once in a Lifetime." Is there any reason to purchase it in addition to the DualDisc set? Any thoughts on the DualDisc set? Thanks!
    Rob

2. Chris Gerhard

Chris Gerhard Screenwriter

Chris Gerhard
    The DualDisc set is DVD-Audio so you definitely want that if you have a DVD-Audio player. I want it but wasn't willing to pay the price but I did buy two DualDiscs from the set, "Remain in Light" and "True Stories". The QuadraphonicQuad Forum has a lot of discussion about the discs. If you aren't into DVD-Audio 5.1, you likely want to avoid the Brick and just get CDs. "Remain in Light" is the best in my opinion.

Chris

3. Manus

Manus Second Unit

Guys,
    This 'Brick' is really worth the effort. Sound quality is brilliant and some nice rarities on there too. I think some of the videos from 'Once in a lifetime' are on there too , so check out some reviews. I think they are also available from Europe as cd+Dvd-A sets or you could buy them individually 1 at a time in U.S.

Enjoy,
    ~M~

4. Robert Burkes

Robert Burkes Second Unit

Picked up the Brick today. Is "Once in a Lifetime" worth purchasing in addition?

5. Greg.G

Greg.G Stunt Coordinator

I was cheap. I got all their CDs for 6 bucks each from yourmusic.com, but of course no rarities, videos, 5.1, etc.

6. Manus

Manus Second Unit