What's new

Talking Heads Box Set-DualDiscs? (1 Viewer)

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard

"Wild Wild Life" in stereo played fine for me, no break-ups early or ever during playback. What I suspect may be the cause is something I have seen a couple of times. I have a couple of discs that do that in one player but not others. I have a bunch of inexpensive universal SACD/DVD-A players to assure playback of my collection of over 300 discs. I concluded error correction is better or at least different between players and the cause is a data error of some kind on the disc when I have seen that. I don't ever conclude a disc is defective because of problems in one player.

Chris

Mark_TB

Second Unit

Thanks for checking, Chris. That gives me something to work with, at least.

The problem may be with the player. Since I first posted, I've started having some problems playing back some SACDs (they play a few seconds, pause a few seconds, play a few more seconds, continuing like that for a while before eventually playing normally). I have a Harman Kardon DVD 47.

Mark

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard

I have one player that does that after it gets hot, I just retired it and put a note with it and will decide what to do with it if I ever need it. The good news for you is there are a bunch of players available if you decide to get a new one. Denon, Pioneer, Oppo and a few other companies should mean you can find one you will want within your budget. I love DVD-A and SACD and have prepared myself to be able play my collection of discs the remainder of my life. I have played this set very little, I actually didn't purchase the box set, have purchased each disc individually with one purchase error. I have two copies of "Speaking in Tongues" and zero copies of "Naked". The trouble I am having now with getting old and relying on memory rather than written notes! I haven't had time to play all of the Talking Heads DualDiscs I have, but think this set is terrific so far.

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks