What's new

Talking Heads “Stop Making Sense” (1 Viewer)

DaveBarn

Grip
I’m not sure if this is the correct place to post this question, but does anybody own the Talking Heads “Stop Making Sense” DVD wide screen? How is the PQ and is it more a documentary type DVD or music DVD? Thanks in advance!

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Picture quality is excellent. IMO, this is is the best concert film ever.

It captures the staged performance of the group. It is all music.

- Steve

Michael Were

Stunt Coordinator
Gotta agree with the preceeding two posts. It is a great musical documentary (especially the Tom Tom Club bit). Classic!

Grady Reid

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Grady
One of the soundtracks was slightly out-of-sync on my old Pioneer. I can't vouch for newer models, though. I haven't seen it in 4 years. But I agree, a great concert dvd.

Paul Mazz

Grip

I believe that the out-of-sync audio is not a fault of the dvd. I seem to remember the commentary track pointing out that sometimes the film used audio and video from different performances. I agree though, this is my favorite concert film. It wasn't "just" a filmed concert. The visuals were planned well in advance, to the extreme of Byrne not allowing the other musicians to have drinks on stage if I remember correctly.

Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks