What's new

Talk Talk :) (1 Viewer)

Craig: Mclaren

Second Unit
Picked up the best of "Talk Talk" last week. Amazing. To think pop music used to have this kind of depth and include a decent tune to boot. Nice to see "No Doubt" doing a cover of "It's My life". Any fans of Talk Talk on here. Could anyone give me more info on the band? :D :emoji_thumbsup:

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
That's a band I've been curious about myself. Since I don't like a lot of music from that era, I'm hesitant to pick something up, but I would like to hear them.

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
I only know about three of their songs, It's My Life, Life's What You Make It, and Talk Talk (which sounds to me like an awesome new wave era dance tune). I've heard alot of good stuff about them, so perhaps I'll hear some of their additional songs on XM some time.

Bob Turnbull

Supporting Actor
Great band...

The album It's My Life has a bit more of the "New Wave" feel of the 80's, but has some great tunes and Mark Hollis' brillant strained vocals. His voice has always been what has caught my attention the most. Danceable with interesting rhythms and intelligence.

The Colour Of Spring brings in both their experimental side as well as the catchy-ness of their grooves. "Life's What You Make It", "Living In Another World" and "Time's Up" are all tremendous songs.

The next 2 albums Spirit Of Eden and Laughing Stock are both very well regarded in the progressive rock circles due to their increased experimentation and wonderful ambience. Lots of changes in tempo and volume and more of Hollis' incredible voice. Less song structure, but loads of creativity and artistry.

I dig 'em.

Craig: Mclaren

Second Unit
After doing a bit of research on the band it seems no one has anything but praise for them. :D
They seem to be respected and cited as a major influential band. A good album selling band here in the UK and around europe. Scored some success in the states as well. Had legal problems during the 1980's with their record company EMI Records. EMI was pushing them as the next "Duran Duran" but the band where having none of it and wanted to produce critically acclaimed albums. Which it seems they did. I may track down their four studio albums from the 1980's when I have the cash. :D :emoji_thumbsup:

DaveDickey

Stunt Coordinator
I bought "The Color of Spring" on SACD a few days ago. I remembered a couple of their hits from high school days in the 80s. Very good band. The Color of Spring sounds great (stereo only), but I never heard the CD version, so I don't know how much better the SACD sounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks