What's new

Talk sh!t on the n00b's home theater!! (1 Viewer)

idsides

Auditioning
Real Name
daniel
I'm new to the forum but long-time passionate about music and audio quality. I wanted to share my home theater set up with everyone and hear what you all had to say about it. You can critique it, ask me questions about it, tell me where there is room for improvement, or rip me a new one and tell me how much I f*cked up. There are also questions below.
PS
Initially, I didn't even have a TV for this setup but recently put in a very dumb but very affordable 42" Panasonic. Don't care about the model as I'm not very discerning with video quality.
Receiver:
Denon avr-1912
Center Channel:
Dynaudio Contour T2.1
L/R Towers:
Klipsch RF-82
Rears:
Monitor Audio "REF 700 PMC"
I don't really know much about these, except that they are being under utilized as rear speakers. Any info would be great!!
Subwoofer:
Klipsch Sub-12
Source:
Roommate's bottom-tier Dell XPS desktop. The HDMI from the graphics card is sourcing the audio as well as the video. No room in it for a Sound Card. How much am I missing out? Had a sound card on my last PC but those were in the days pre-HDMI.
I own an Audioengine D1 but it's only stereo...
THANKS!

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Good speakers...how out of whack is the soundstage?
A laid back center with in your face fronts...what a combo(I've been there though...)

idsides

Auditioning
Real Name
daniel
The soundstage is crap if you let the receiver make all the decisions for you. But I feel like I've got it pretty balanced at this point. The bass doesn't sound like it's only coming from the sub anymore and the Dynaudio really can rock - and even give the towers a run for their money.
I forgot to mention that this setup was built more out of consequence than shopping around, what I could get for cheap at a given time, etc.

Adam Gregorich

Owner
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Originally Posted by idsides /t/323406/talk-sh-t-on-the-n00bs-home-theater#post_3968984
I forgot to mention that this setup was built more out of consequence than shopping around, what I could get for cheap at a given time, etc.
Been there, done that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bhirooajantoom