What's new

Talk me out of this - Zenith (1 Viewer)

Father John A

Stunt Coordinator
OK, here I am waiting for "just the right thing", which isn't coming none too fast so I'm tempted to buy something to hold over for a year or more.

I was at the dreaded BB and noticed the new Zenith with HD decoder built in. I was told the 32" would be about $1K. Not bad. The picture was quite fantastic and showed up the 34" SonyHD sitting next to it by a long shot (of course the Sony lacked the HD tuner).

Though I am a staunch Sony fan, I am seriously tempted here. Any remarks concerning the Zenith?

Bill Will

Screenwriter
If it's the Zenith model C32V23 & I remember right, the 2 problems with it were that it won't display a Progressive Scan Picture using the Component Video Inputs & when using the Dolby Digital Optical Audio Output the voice is not insync with the picture. So if someone was speaking you don't hear the words come through until a few seconds later. The voice is alright when using the tv's speakers though so if you can live without a Progressive Scan Picture & don't plan on hooking it to a receiver it would be alright. Also from what I remember it did have a very good to excellent picture so you probably could live without the Progressive Scan. As for price, this week an outfit in Flordia has the Zenith 36 inch C36V23 for $998.88 so I would fight with Circuit City over that price. You can check the 36 inch set here www.brandsmartusa.com in their flyer. Of late Zenith has had some quality issues so if you do get the set I would get an extended warranty especially seeing that Zenith's LABOR Warranty on this model is for only 90 days. You might also want to checkout owner reviews on this set at Circuit City's website.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks