What's new

Talk about your love sac.. (1 Viewer)

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
This one - of course; http://www.lovesac.com/ what did you think I was talking about?

When my wife and I get an R rated (and some PG13) movies we watch them in our room while our kids watch something more suitable in the living room. I'd rather not have godzillion pillows, but we can't find those arm rest chair looking thingys anymore - except these overdone massaging chair crapola things that cost way too much.
I'm considering purchasing a few lovesacs; the smaller ones to rest my back on while watching TV in bed and maybe a medium one for the living/theater room.

I don't know if I want to buy a love sac or if I'd be just as happy with a knock-off like the fluff sac, crazy sac, cuddle sac, fluff sac, etc.

OR maybe they are all a bad idea. Maybe I should look harder for the armrest chair thingys for the bed.

Anyone here want to share your experience? Please.

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
Eric L, these are far better than your run of the mill bean bag chair. They are more comfortable and more durable. You can also hook some of them together (making a couch). Be aware that some of the sacs are HUGE...

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

By this, do you mean the bean-filled things that are a one piece back with wrap-around arms? If so, I got mine at Garden Ridge a couple years ago. They had tons of them. Maybe you could still find some there.

Marc L

Stunt Coordinator
i have a "movie sac" size Love Sac.

man, this thing is huge and the kids love it. it never flatens out...just roll it over and it's brand new...ready for someone to jump in the middle of it and make a custom sofa/chair with it.

i got mine for free from a love sac rep and a show that my former band was playing. he gave it to me for some publicity...so...here you go Tom, thanks for my LoveSac!

BTW, I have the utility sport cover, and the denim movie sac cover.

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
I have been looking around and some folks say that they are not comfortable for a sit for the duration of a movie - what do you all say? Does anyone know anything about the knockoffs? Lovesac is espensive! The knockoffs claim to be 'more than beanbags' with foam etc. - but without seeing it is hard to say...

Also - is it memory foam in the Lovesac? Regular foam? Something else?

Steve Ridges

Stunt Coordinator
I tried to skip by buying a cheap one at KMart and it definatly is NOT the same thing. Pay the money and get a real love sac. They're great!

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric

nah - they have a higher quality stuffing - I think it may be memory foam, but I'm not sure

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
ah... memory foam.... That term just cracks me up.

You mean if I asked it, how much in federal taxes I paid in the year 1985, it'd be able to tell me? :)

Jay

mylan

Screenwriter
My biggest worry would be that the "memory foam" would compress over time just like my $120 Temperpedic pillow and need replacement.

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
A friend of mine almost got a job with the Liberator company a couple years ago.

On a side note, the Liberator products are well designed for their intended uses. :D

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
Essentially, yes. However, they use foam and are significantly more durable.

I think the difference with imitators is the quality of the actual bag. Foam is foam but the Lovesac is built like a tank...

Depot

Auditioning
Real Name
Yom
The pillow sac is hands down the worst product I have ever bought in my life. It is unbelievably bad, they say you have to refluff it it is so terrible it takes so long if you do. Even after being fluffed it is terrible don't use the ones in the stores as a guide. They say the pillow sac can be used as a bed, nonsense I have been using it for some time and it is soooooo bad I cannot tell you. It was the biggest waste of money I have ever spent my money on. Please stay clear be traditional this really is a gimmick.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Originally Posted by Jay H

ah... memory foam.... That term just cracks me up.

You mean if I asked it, how much in federal taxes I paid in the year 1985, it'd be able to tell me?

Jay

Your head must be in contact with the memory foam ("on the pillow" for the layman) while you're thinking about your taxes. The neural-diffusion barrier is quite large and so the foam must be in close proximity to absorb and store active memories.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
DaveF said:
Your head must be in contact with the memory foam ("on the pillow" for the layman) while you're thinking about your taxes. The neural-diffusion barrier is quite large and so the foam must be in close proximity to absorb and store active memories.
The idea of one's pillow stealing one's memory is scary. What next, a WiFi pillow that posts your most intimate dream on facebook? :P Jay

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
That's the $69.95 upgrade option to the memory foam pillow. I skipped it; it was a bit excessive I thought.

(I do have a knock-off memory foam pillow; one of those sculpted for neck support. I like it well enough. I'm not sure I'd pay $100+ for the brand name, though.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.