What's new

Tales of the Gold Monkey in the works ? (1 Viewer)

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
Originally Posted by Aryn Leroux

I am considering placing an order myself. Where would this originate from as far as shipping goes?
I forget her address but she is in the US.

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
She answered your question above. Pat will this be available through your website in the future, or only as a preorder?

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Pat,

Thanks for the info. Their price is considerably lower than Amazon UK or the Au price. If I allow somewhere around $7-10 for shipping it still beats the other prices.

Quote=Caje:
I have ordered from her before. She is a honest person. I will order it and let you know.
Caje, Thanks for the info. No surprise to us here (honest person). Can tell from her posts
The only question we had was with the online store site.

DVDiva

Grip
Real Name
Pat
Originally Posted by Jeff Willis

Pat,

Thanks for the info. Their price is considerably lower than Amazon UK or the Au price. If I allow somewhere around $7-10 for shipping it still beats the other prices.

Jeff, the $49.99 includes shipping. It'll probably be the UK equivalent of Parcel Post, but it'll be free. It pays to deal directly with the manufacturer.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by DVDiva

Jeff, the $49.99 includes shipping. It'll probably be the UK equivalent of Parcel Post, but it'll be free. It pays to deal directly with the manufacturer.
Pat, thanks again, This makes it interesting, might be good enough for me to go at this price.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter

The DVDs will be shipped from Fabulous Films in the UK.
okay thanks! I think the price is a fair one & I will likely place my order shortly. So congrats on working out your deal to be able to offer this to us.

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
I need to wait and see what I have left after bills and grocery shopping. But I do hope to preorder this through Pat.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
Wow...I had completely forgotten about this show. My recollection is that I really enjoyed it when it was on, but back then there wasn't as much competition as there is now. Especially, if you include all the great vintage stuff on DVD.

Funny, how you just avoid a thread for a while thinking it won't have much interest, and then you step in for a glance and boom all of a sudden it brings back all these memories. I think I may just have to preorder this with the current discount.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
I'm in the same boat, Brad. I've just about talked myself into pre-ordering as well (with the help of some of the kind people here who have assured me the person running the web page is good to work with).

Gary "I remember myself and a couple of friends in high school would watch this together when we could, and definitely talk about it in school the next day" O.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
The only question I have is when they charge the CC? I sent an email to the site to find out, unless someone here already knows and can save time responding. If they charge at time of purchase, I will probably hold out until the week before it is released. Otherwise, I wouldn't mind getting on the waiting list early.

DVDiva

Grip
Real Name
Pat
Originally Posted by smithb

The only question I have is when they charge the CC? I sent an email to the site to find out, unless someone here already knows and can save time responding. If they charge at time of purchase, I will probably hold out until the week before it is released. Otherwise, I wouldn't mind getting on the waiting list early.

Hi Brad. I didn't get your e-mail, but unfortunately, since I'm really just a small outfit, I only have PayPal for credit card processing, and they charge at the time of purchase. But feel free to hold off for a while. The DVDs aren't going anywhere right now.

It's great to hear that you guys are interested in buying the set. I'm sure it'll be well worth the money. Thanks.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary

Hi Brad. I didn't get your e-mail, but unfortunately, since I'm really just a small outfit, I only have PayPal for credit card processing, and they charge at the time of purchase. But feel free to hold off for a while. The DVDs aren't going anywhere right now.

It's great to hear that you guys are interested in buying the set. I'm sure it'll be well worth the money. Thanks.

Thank you, Pat. I had never seen your site before it being mentioned in this thread a few days ago, but after looking at it I can tell a lot of blood, sweat and tears have gone into it. It's clear you are a great fan of the show, and I look forward to ordering this set from you. I will need to wait a couple of weeks before I order, but I definitely want a copy!

Gary "thanks for making these sets available here in the States" O.

DVDiva

Grip
Real Name
Pat
Time for a Gold Monkey news update. The Region 2/4 set release date has been pushed back to November 9 (2 weeks) because the masters needed some restoration. So Dave and Gord's sources were right. But if it is only going to take a smaller outfit like Fabulous Films an additional 2 weeks, I would think it wouldn't be all that difficult or expensive for Universal to do the restoration. Ah, the mystery of the long delayed, if not outright cancelled, Region 1 set continues. Personally, I think the delay/cancellation is probably due to a number of issues (e.g. restoration time/costs, music clearances, poor sales for other Uni titles from that era, weak economy).

Also, the set is no longer available from Amazon.co.uk. It's now an HMV exclusive for the first 3 months of release. I can still sell them on my site though, since HMV only has an exclusive in the UK. I'm waiting to hear back from Fabulous Films to find out if this means that I can't ship to UK customers.

And finally, a quote from Richard Walker of Fabulous Films: "The docco is finished and it is great. I think you will be impressed!!" I can't wait to watch it!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks